Prologue

Where did mummy go? I don't know where I am and my feet are really hurting. She was running after me but I was too fast. I am the fastest in the universe. "Mummy! Mummy! Where are you?" I shout but hear no reply. I sniff the air and it doesn't smell the same. It doesn't smell like anything. Where am I? 

Suddenly I smell chocolate! It smells yummy and I want to eat it. I start running towards it but end up tripping on a stick. Mummy doesn't like me playing with sticks. She said I could hurt someone but I think they're harmless. But now I've just fell over one. Maybe they are bad like mummy said. 

Even though I'm lying on the ground, the chocolate comes towards me. I sniff the air while closing my eyes. When the chocolate becomes at its strongest, I feel something grab me and pull me up. My hand tingles.

"Mine." It says. I open my eyes and see a pair of green eyes. Or are they blue? It's hard to tell. Remembering what he said, I start laughing. It was the kind of laughing that hurt your tummy. I wrap my arms around my tummy but couldn't stop laughing. When I look back at the boy, I see that he is looking at me with lots of emotion. He's looking at me with curiosity, humour, a little bit of hurt and something else. What mummy and daddy look at me like. 

"What?" He asks me.

"You said I was yours!" I finally reply after stopping my never-ending giggles. 

"You are." 

"No I'm not! Mummy said I am my own werewolf and nobody can have me or stop me from expressing my true personality. And we've only just met. You don't even know me." I am very proud of what I just said so I stick my chin up and cross my arms with a wide grin on my face.

"Well my mummy said that I could make any girl mine." He repeats my action.

For some reason, I feel an ache in my chest when he mentioned calling other girls his. Even if he probably hasn't. "Are you going to call other girls yours then?" My head was now tilted downwards and my hands by my side. 

However, he pulls my chin up and says, "Never! You're the only girl that I'll ever call mine."

My earlier smile appears on my face and a wave of happiness washes through my body. He makes me happy. I like him. I grab his hand and pull him over to a tree to climb up. My hand tingles again and I giggle. It feels funny but nice. I don't let go of his hand. 

"This sounds stupid but what's your name?" He asks me.

"Mia. Mia Fairychild." I smile at him.

"Alexander. Alexander King. Wait, your surname is Fairychild."

"Well, it's actually Fairchild but I'm a fairy so I call myself Mia Fairychild."

"Good enough," he replies with a laugh. His laugh is cute. I like it.

"How old are you?" 

"I'm eight, what about you?"

"I'm eight too! Yay, we're the same age. Will we go to the same secondary school then?" We're in year four, so we're going into secondary school in three years. I hope we go to the same school.

"I don't know. Maybe." 

Before I can reply I hear shouting in the distance. I think they're saying my name. Looking at Alex, I can tell that he heard it as well. He looks at me with a sad expression. 

"I have to go now." He says regretfully.

"But I don't want you to go. I want to be with you forever."

"Me too but my pack don't like your pack and yours doesn't like mine."

"Wait, where are we now?"

"In rogue's land. We shouldn't be here."

"Oh. Well we can meet here again, can't we?"

"Okay, meet me here on Thursday night if you can. I'll be waiting. I need to go but don't tell anyone about me. Okay?"

"Okay." I say whilst looking at the ground and feeling sad. I don't want him to go. To make him remember me, I wrap my arms around him. Mummy says to hug others when you like them. I like him. He hugs me back and then pulls away. 

"Bye bye, my mate." He says quietly before leaving me with a weird feeling. The tingles went. What was a mate?

"MIA! MIA! WHERE ARE YOU?" I hear daddy.

"Daddyyyyy!" I scream and run over to him. 

"Oh Mia! There you are. We've been looking for you everywhere. Thank goddess you're okay. I love you Mia."

"I love you too daddy!" 

Daddy picks me up and walks back to home. I look at the spot in the woods and memorise the route from home to there. I need to see him.

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you for reading this. I'm new to Wattpad and this is my first ever book so please don't judge. I appreciate constructive criticism but please don't be rude. I'd love for you to message me and tell me how this story is. I'll try to update as quick as possible but I don't have a schedule at the moment. Bye!

-Livvy