Chapter 7

A/N: A day late but here it is... ;)

I can't take it any longer. Why does my uterus shredding itself apart to get rid of dead tissue have to be so painful? Oh yeah, because it is literally tearing itself apart. At the moment I am lying in my mate's bed whilst screaming out in agony and I can't even appreciate the fact that I'm in my mate's bed. My amazing Alex has run out to buy some painkillers and lots of chocolate.

Earlier, he had woken up to my screams from the room next to his - it turned out that I didn't get to stay in his room as he 'didn't trust himself in the same bed as me'. He immediately ran to my side and cradled my dying form to his body. After I managed to whisper out through the pain the cause of it, he disappeared with a, "Be back soon." I assume he is getting what I need or I will kill him... after I finish dying. 

Finally, the door slams open and my sweating mate rushes through the gap with full arms. I want to laugh but I can't, not now anyway.

"I'm so sorry I took forever. I've brought 50 different type of painkillers and 20 bars of your favourite chocolate; Oreo Cadbury. Also, I brought a hot water bottle, fish oil and vitamin B1 and I'll give you a massage." 

I nearly melt with how sweet and panicky Alex is being. He is the best mate I could ask for. I quickly grab the Paracetamol and 3 bars of my chocolate and demolish it. Next, I tuck the hot water bottle and cradle it into my side. I find, when I have cramps, the only position that can provides a little comfort is on the side. On the front is agony and on the back leaks occur.  

I close my eyes as the pain lessens and I feel a little better. However, when Alex starts to massage me, a loud moan escapes from my lips. Woah. That feels... I forget the pain straight away and arch my back into his arms, not so subtly begging him to continue. I don't even care when he lets out a deep chuckle at my reaction.

Soon I fall into a deep sleep, the pain gone.

Later, my eyes flutter open and to my surprise it's dark outside. Then it all comes to me. Alex, oh he was amazing. I look around and feel disappointed when I don't see him.

Slowly I lift my body off his luxurious bed and drag myself to his wardrobe - I feel like wearing his clothes. Rummaging through all his drawers, I settle on a black large top and tuck them into a pair of his grey shorts. All in all, the outfit is actually quite cute.

A blush rushes up my neck as I realise the whole pack probably woke up to my screams. Oops. I should probably go outside and show them I am fine. Even if they don't like the pack I originate from, it's their natural instinct to  worry about the Luna and the mother of their next Alpha. On that note, I wonder how they'll be with me. Would they hate me due to my old pack or embrace me with open arms. I hope the latter.

My feet stumble down the stairs and I find myself to be lost. I'll just follow Alex's scent. I end up outside a room where I hear several voices, one of which Alex's. Should I go in or wait until they are finished? 

Before I have to make a decision, the voices quieten and Alex calls out. "Mia, I know you're there. Come in."

Well that's embarrassing but I don't show that as I walk in.

"Hey, I got lost so I followed your scent and ended up here. I didn't know whether to come in or wait." I say as I walk towards Alex at his desk. I stand at the side of the desk so I am side-on to Alex and the two other men. 

"You're always welcome everywhere in my house." He replies and pulls me into his lap. 

I immediately blush and try to stand up but he just tightens his hold. I can't look his friends in the eye with their gazes of amusement and curiosity. 

"Mia this is Xavier, my Beta and Jared, my Gamma. They'll be here for you when I can't be."

"Hey Xavier and Jared, I'm Mia." I reply with a happy smile. It's nice to finally be introduced to important people in Alex's life.

"Luna." Xavier greets and they both bow their heads.

I'm definitely not used to this kind of respect. I mean, I was the daughter of an Alpha but it's different and I'm not sure if I like it but I accept it. True Luna's learn to adapt to environments and I won't be an exception and so I repeat their action with my own head.

"Great. Now, Xavier gather a team of 5 and take a perimeter check. Jared, you go check the injured and make sure they're okay and comfortable." I frown as I don't understand what Alex is talking about.

After the two leave, I ask, "What was that about?"

"I don't want you to worry but some rogues attacked last night. I'm guessing they thought the pack would be preoccupied by your arrival and took the opportunity. Luckily they barely passed the border before my team attacked them. They are now in the dungeons and I need to go down."

"Can I go with you?"

"Why would you want to?"

"I just do. Please?" I beg. Really, I want to see his reactions and the way he deals with things.

"Okay, but you can't come in, just watch."

"Thank you!" I stand from his lap and embrace him in a hug. He snuggles into me and growls when I pull away. "Let's go."

"Why are you in such a hurry?"

"I just am. Come on!" 

I grab his hand and pull him to the door before realising that I have no idea where anything is located in this house. 

Alex chuckles and says, "Looks like I need to give you a tour later." 

"Yep!" I like the thought of that.

Holding hands, we travel through the house and walk down a few flights of stairs before reaching an old-looking door. When Alex opens it, I can't see anything as it's pitch black. After a moment or two, my eyes adjust and I barely see a corridor leading downstairs. Pulling me downstairs, I look around at my surroundings and feel a pang of terror as I walk past cells containing evil prisoners shouting and cursing. I've never liked dungeons and now I remember why.

Finally reaching the cells that Alex was searching for, he opens the lock and goes in, closing the door behind him. I could see through the window but couldn't enter.

What I see next would haunt me, gone was the Alex that I know and love and a new one emerged to the surface. I think his wolf is there but I can't see his eyes so I'm not certain. He stealthily approaches the rogue that is tied up in the corner.

"Why did you attack my pack last night?" He gets straight to the point.

After the rogue doesn't reply, Alex punches him in the jaw, probably forgetting that I am watching. Blood streams down the rogue's face and gathers in a pool at his feet. I'm guessing more blood will be joining it soon.

"Speak or I'll break every single finger of yours." Not an empty threat.

"M-my friend wanted to. He thought we could get in unnoticed and kill everyone."

Alex laughs, not the kind that makes you happy but the one that makes you flinch and cower away.

"And how many were there of you?"

"Ten."

"You really thought ten little rogues could get past my well-trained men?"

The rogue doesn't reply.

"Answer me!" Alex roars.

"Y-yes."

I can't take it any longer. Call me weak but I couldn't take my Alex being like this. I need to get used to it, regardless of my wishes but not now. Today's been a long day and I just want to go to sleep so I sneak away unnoticed.

When I reach the room of my bedroom, I ponder what bedroom to sleep in. I don't want Alex to think I'm afraid of him so maybe I should sleep in his room. He probably will need me to calm him down and I doubt we're in the mood for anything to happen. 

Bravely, I enter his room and just get into bed. I'm already wearing his clothes which are basically pyjamas and are really comfy.

Although I planned on staying up for him, I can't help but fall into a deep slumber.