Chapter 1

"Mia, it's time to wake up! Get your lazy butt out of bed now!" I woke up to the beautiful sound that gives me the pleasure of listening to every day. My mum's shouting. Every single morning, she lowers her mouth next to my unsuspecting ears and screams. I'm surprised I'm not deaf yet. At least it makes me wide awake every morning.

However, I really do love my mum. She's the best mum I can ask for, even though that sounds really cheesy.  Although I'm a daddy's girl, we are really close. I would happily die for any family member of mine. Surprisingly, that even includes my annoying older brothers. Despite what everyone says about older brothers, mine are not overprotective at all. I mean, don't get me wrong, they would always protect me if I'm in danger, but they don't care if a boy flirts with me. They don't glare at boys that pass by and they most certainly don't watch over me all the time. To be honest I'm glad about that because my dad definitely makes up for them.

I love my dad, a lot. It's obvious that I'm his favourite child and he's my favourite family member. We were fairly inseparable when I was younger - I always wanted to act like him and do the things that he did. I even tried to fill in his paperwork when he had gone to bed when I was eleven! Let's just say, I kind of messed up that and he had to send an email to the person to ask them to send the paperwork again. Since then, I never went near his paperwork again. However, during my grumpy teenage years, I spent a lot of time in my bedroom with my door shut. I spent most of the weekend in bed, binge watching ever TV series ever with a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. After that, we didn't see each other as much but that didn't affect our relationship.

The only person that I probably love more than my father, would be Alex. You've probably been waiting for this. Well, Alex and I are very close even though we only see each other once a week. Somehow, the only thing we've done is kiss but I'm hoping that'll change soon. The bad thing about finding your mate when you're young is that the process becomes extremely complicated. I don't know how Alex immediately knew we were mates because we only shifted and gained our wolf when we were thirteen, five years after we met. 

Everything between us heightened once we were both fully werewolf. It became harder to stay away from each other, I was always thinking about him and I didn't feel as happy not being with him. When I found out last night, that my Alex had gotten himself kicked out of his school to join my school, my mood immediately brightened; I was basically a sun. He's just so sweet. 

We're planning to tell our family's about each other when my oldest brother becomes Alpha. He is eighteen but at the moment he's at an Alpha camp, learning how to be responsible for a pack and stuff. It was torture when Alex went. In the end, he came back a year later when he was supposed to leave for two. Even though he did come back every fortnight, I missed him so much.

Anyway, when my mum shouted in my ear earlier, I didn't even mind because I knew that today Alex would start his first day at my school. I put on my favourite outfit: ripped shorts and a cosy, cream sweater. I grabbed my bag and rushed to school, looking forward to seeing my mate.

Ten minutes later, I arrive at school and park my white Jaguar F-type R Convertible in my usual parking spot. After checking that he isn't here yet, I stay in my car and surf the internet on my phone. 

Only five minutes later, do I smell the chocolate scent that I love so much. I immediately jump out my car and look around. Spotting him, I remind myself that I need to act like I've never met him before and that I hate him.