Chapter 4

A/N: Pack house above, it's sooo nice!!

Oh no! The intruder examines us and immediately a look of realisation rushes over them. I am so dead!

"Mia, how could you not tell me?" 

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't. You know how our families are like." I gesture between Alex and I.

"How long?"

"I met him when we were eight so.. eight years now."

"And you never thought to tell me. You just kept this a secret from everyone."

I don't reply but just tilt my head down in sorrow. I feel reassurance as my loving mate rubs his hand up and down my back.

"When were you going to tell me, to tell everyone? If ever."

"We were going to announce it once James returns from his Alpha camp and then takes over from my dad. That way, dad will have less power to prevent us from meeting."

"Not that that would stop us." Alex commented. I smiled up at him and nod in agreement. Nothing would ever stop us from seeing each other and being together.

"You know that I would never snitch on you. I am your best friend and want you to be happy. Plus, I totally ship you two!" Isla says and I rush over to engulf her into a big hug. Oh I love this girl! 

We stayed in that deserted classroom for a while so my best friend could get to know my mate and vice versa. The school must've been suspicious that all three of us were missing class at the same time but I was their Alpha's daughter and Alex was a strong Alpha so they wouldn't question it. I did however feel bad that Alex was missing his first class at his new school but he insisted that he'd much rather spend time with me and get to know the person who I spend a lot of time with than go to stupid class. I felt blissful at the friendship that was blossoming between them. 

After the day went by and I sat through many boring lessons, I arrive back home and walk straight to the fridge. The Alpha house is huge but sometimes a little lonely, which is why I visit the pack house and Isla. Unlike other packs, our pack believe that the pack house should be bigger and better than the Alpha house. They are both beautiful but the pack house is larger and has a swimming pool and indoor gym. In the woods, we have a huge training area where pack training occurs. I especially love the stairs leading up to the house from both sides and I make it a habit to jog up them every time and then leap down them three steps at a time. 

Hearing loud shouting, I rush to the window and relax when it see it's only a pool party. Oh, that must be what the fake bimbo was talking about. As I take a closer look, I see some guys from the Scarlet Moon pack, Alex's pack, but mostly people from Silverback, ours. Does that mean Alex is here? I feel my eyes being drawn to him. Luckily he's surrounded by his pack mates that are male. I breathe a sigh in relief and sprint upstairs, grabbing my phone. Oh, I've got a notification from four minutes ago.

To Mia: 

Come to your pack house, baby xx

From Alexander

My movements double in speed as I quickly get changed into my floral blue bikini and then reply to his message.

To Alexander:

Coming!! Xx

From Mia

I keep my phone in my hand and after texting a group chat with Isla and my other friends to come to this party, I rush downstairs. The pack house is right next door so I don't wear anything to cover my bikini. Despite the fact that December is approaching, it is quite hard for werewolves to feel the cold. It's one of the amazing perks.

I wish I could just go over to Alex and mark him right there on the spot. What I didn't notice earlier were the multiple lust filled eyes of females looking my mate up and down. He was an incredible specimen but that wasn't the point. His baggy trunks lay low on his hips and my goddess, his abs! I have no words, he is a work of art, and if he modelled for calvin klein, I'd feel really bad for the other male models. He's way out of my league but at this moment I don't care about my insecurities as I ogle at his body.

 As my eyes reach his gorgeous green eyes I jump as he stares straight at me. He's caught me and I feel a heat spread across my cheeks. What I'd do right now to just jump on him and put my lips on his. To hear his moan as I pull away and move to his neck, leaving hickeys to show all the she-wolves who he belongs to.

"Mia!" I turn my head so fast that I'm surprised I didn't receive whiplash. When I see Ada running towards me, my lips lift up and I give her a big smile. Ada, Isla and I are all best friends, but Ada had gone away recently to meet her aunt and uncle from another pack for 6 months. I missed her a lot but she was back now. 

I run to her and we meet in a huge hug, the joyfulness running through our veins. "Ada, I missed you so, so much!"

My best friend pulls away from the hug and looks at me. We look each other up and down to check for any differences. Her dark brown skin had become a shade darker by the constant sun-tanning I know she did. The holiday had been good for her; her eyes were brighter, her smile was bigger and she had grown a few inches, nearly reaching my height. 

"Same but guess what? I met my mate. He should be coming any second now!" 

"Ada!" A masculine voice shouted out from a distance.

"Speaking of the devil." My best friend turns around with a happy glint noticeable in her eyes.

When she moves and I catch sight of her mate, I freeze and in a flash Alex is in front of me, protecting me.

A/N: Sorry guys for another cliffhanger! I couldn't help it :D  Anyway, thank you for reading my story and I'll try to publish the next chapter tomorrow, if I don't have too much h/w!  Also, thanks for 50 reads!! You guys are the best ;)