t w o ~ Harper

{today}

I wake up to my little sister lily screaming. My mom doesn't usually get up because I do everything for her. I get up and walk to Lily's room I pick her up carefully and hold her close to me. I rock her side to side until I'm almost certain she has drifted off. I lay her back down and start getting ready for school.

-

Before I go I check in on mum and bring her up a coffee.

"Thanks love" she smiles weakly.

"S'alright, mum don't forget you have to take Lily to nursery today at 12:30 for the afternoon sessions alright?" I say to my mum, usually everyday.

"Yes yes I know Harper now you get off to school your going to be late." She says ushering me out the room. I look after my mum, Lily and myself because my dad left when my mum was pregnant with Lily. The sad part is my mum is still deeply in love with him. I never quite understand romance...well not since...anyway. I head down the street and the main road. I see the same faces everyday.

"Morning Julie" I say to my crazy next door neighbour.

"Morning Hazel" she says as she walks slowly to her car.

"It's still Harper" I smile and whisper as I walk past my old lady friend. I turn of my street and down to school.

-

I usually sit alone in homeroom. Since the rumour started I lost all my friends and I only really have a few that I speak to in lessons. Mr Clarke takes the register.

"Alright class....I know we've just come back from the weekend and we want to catch up but I have a little project for us to do" he says cheerfully. How can someone be so energetic on a Monday.

"So for this project you will need to partner up, and I'll let you choose your partners" he smiled. Brilliant, I think to myself. Everyone gets up and moves to sit with their friends. I just stay in my seat and pretend to be really interested in a button on my shirt.

"H-hi do you have a partner?" A small voice comes from behind me. I turn around and see a boy with cute curly hair looking at me.

"Um no" I say to him.

"Could we work together?" He asks me.

"Sure" I say smiling pulling out the chair next to me. He sits down and takes out his book.

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Oh I'm Wyatt" he says.

"Cool I'm- "

"Harper" he cuts me off his cheeks blushing.

"Yea....how did you..."

"Alright class so the project we are going to be working on is planning out a summer bucket list...I want you guys to do this together to get to know each other a bit." Mr Clarke goes on. I look at Wyatt and our eyes lock for about 5 seconds, I look away quickly. Don't be so stupid Harper I say to myself boys are all the same, they only want one thing....

-

I walk out of class as soon as the bell goes and head straight to first period. Science. This is going to be a long day.

"Harper" a voice trails after me. I turn around to see Wyatt running towards me.

"You um left your planner on the desk" he told me whilst handing me my planner.

"Oh thanks" I said as I smile and walk away.

"So....what have you got first period?" He asks, still following me.

"Science" I reply with a groan.

"Me too..." he says.

"Wait are you in my....."

"Yeah you don't notice me...." he says whilst blushing and looking away.

"Well...I will now...partner" I say smiling at him. Our eyes lock again.

"Hey losers!" I voice comes behind us, putting his arms on mine and Wyatt's shoulders. The rest of the gang all trail behind Jack now.

"Hey Jack" Wyatt says, giving him a glare which was so cute.

"Oops sorry did I just ruin your moment" he says acting really sad. My cheeks flame red and so do Wyatt's. "So Wyatt, who's this" Jack continues, annoyingly, turning towards me.

"This is Harper" he tells them.

"Oooo Harper, so how long have you guys been together?" A boy with curly hair says.

"We aren't together" I giggle whilst Wyatt is looking the other way.

"Try tell Wyatt that" the curly haired boy laughs. What does that even mean? Does Wyatt like me? I look over at Wyatt and he's still staring at me. I give him a small smile.

"What are you guys in first?" I ask "the losers".

"English" the curly haired boy replied.

"Me too Finn!" Said Jack giving him a high five. Cute.

"Why do you call yourself the losers club?" I ask them.

"Because we are the losers of the school" Finn laughs. "You wouldn't know that because your too popular too notice us" Finn says.

"Not anymore" I say quietly. I think Wyatt notices me looking sad and changes the conversation.

"Let's get to Science, Miss Cuthbert will be really mad if we are late" Wyatt says.

"Yeah"

Me and Wyatt head down the corridor while Finn and Jack go the opposite way. Wyatt gets out a packet of raisins and offers me one. I stare at the packet.

"No thanks I'm not hungry...." I say, fake smiling. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you something.

I have an eating disorder.

________________________________
Yoooo. This chapter is unedited to sorry if there are any mistakes. Keep voting!

~ G xox