Ch.1 Other heartbeat

I had a nice peaceful, easygoing life,an easygoing family,friends, and boyfriend.
Notice how it's past tense.
My last boyfriend Mark was what I thought was perfect, he picked me up from school, bought me chocolate, and sent me cute goodnight and good morning texts. Me being the stupid and gullible person believed all of that was coming from the goodness of his heart. What a silly girl... all he wanted was to get in my pants. And so he did. He got me pregnant too and then beat me until my other heartbeat died.

The flashbacks still haunt me
"Babyyyyy." He had cooed after we had finished watching "Me Before You, a beautiful movie. He flipped me over and kissed my neck and started to take of my shirt protest after protest he didn't stop. He just kept going and kept going. That was the night I had lost my virginity. A few weeks later I had missed my period and had found out I was carrying his child. I was hesitant to tell him, afraid of what he would do, but he found out eventually when he remembered he forgot protection and had pressed me on the matter and I broke and started crying, he then proceeded to take my arm and drag me to an alleyway where he beat me.I had blacked out for most of it and I woke up in my bed, without my tiny bump that was only noticeable to me. I had cried and cried eventually people started to find out and they called me name after name from slut to whore to desperate bitch. My entire world had fallen apart.
Only my parents and my best friend knew the truth. I had cried myself to sleep every night. Eventually my parents thought it would be best to get a fresh start in a place called Ubblen Falls in Oregon. Not the biggest place but I was happy to get a fresh start where no one knew who I was and what lies behind my smile.