Ch.8 startling text messages

When I woke up Grayson was gone and my parents were up. I ran my fingers through my knotted hair and got up.
I went to check my phone and there was a new text message from an unknown number.
Hello Serenity it read
Hey who's this? I replied
It hasn't been that long, tell me you haven't forgotten me that fast peanut butter.
I suddenly forgot how to breathe, it felt like I was choking up water. I fell to my knees and when I finally got myself together I replied
Mark?
Damn right baby.
What do you want
I want to call you mine again
I scoffed the guy who ruined my life wants me to be his again, he must be out of his God damn mind
Rot in hell.
I turned off my phone and left the house. My mom ran after me.
"No no no, you are not walking to school, especially in your boot, I said I'm not letting you walk again." My mom said out of breath, she was starting to show now. There was no point in arguing, so I smiled and walked to the car. When I got to school I noticed a red Mazda, wasn't that Adams car? I shook my head, no, there's no way, it's probably just a coincidence.
Nothing very exciting happened today, I was right about that history teacher though he gave a quiz, said we could use notes, pretty sure I aced it, I knew it. I walked out of math with Grayson, cringing at an embarrassing story he was telling me about.
When my phone buzzed

I want you to stay away from him.

I froze and looked around, on the edge of having a panic attack, I didn't see much of anything though, there were too many students.
Grayson had kept walking, though when he saw u wasn't with him he turned around ran to me.
"Hey what's wrong?" He said with a genuine look of concern on his face.

"I, um I thought that I heard something."

"Then why did you look so scared?"

"I just, the voice sounded familiar."

"Ok, um I'll walk you to your car?"

"Yeah, Yeah Ok."

He walked me to my car and the drive home was silent.

I did some homework after dinner, then took a shower. The text messages from Adam, really scared me, so the car was his, did he follow me here? How did he even know I was here? What's going to happen if I don't stay away from Grayson?
There was suddenly a knock on my window I gasped and quickly turned my head, I was prepared to scream, but it was just Grayson. I breathed out breaths of relief and opened the window.

"Damn Cinderella, you looked scared out of you mind when I knocked on your window."

"Yeah um, I'm sorry I wasn't expecting you."

"Oh, I can leave..."

"No! Stay."

He chuckled and hopped on my bed.

" so what has you all scared?" He asked
"Um nothing, I just watched a horror movie, and it has me shaken." I lied smoothly. He laughed quietly and opened his arms, I was hesitant to get into them. But I eventually did because I knew he couldn't see me when I was in my own home. Could he?

The next morning I again awoke with Grayson gone. I licked my lips and got ready. I walked up to Grayson and closed his locker, startling him, "why hello Cinderella", I laughed at the nickname. Just then my phone buzzed again.

I'm going to give you one more chance, you stay away from him, or your mothers unborn child dies, just like yours did.