Ch.2 Fresh start

Opening the door to my new house, I was in shock, the house wasn't the biggest, the most expensive, the nicest, but it had the best homey feel to it, like I was meant to live here and it was calling out to me. I breathed out and lugged my suitcase through the door and around the corner to what I knew was to be my room. I rolled my suitcase to the corner and started to unpack everything. I started school tomorrow and I wanted to look nice for my fist day, so I left out my gray t shirt dress that had cutouts in the back, my black combat boots and my curling iron. A tear rolled out when I sent the iron down, that was the iron I had used the night I went over to his house. With that I went to the kitchen to ask my dad if I could go to the school and get a feel of everything. Of course he said yes. So now we're on our way to Ubblen High. Which to be honest was not the cleanest school, the lockers had graffiti all over it, the bathroom trash cans had used condoms in them and I could sense that a lot of drama has happened in this school. Heading to the Indian Wells Grill for dinner I saw a group of kids, around my age, I wonder if they go to the school I'm about to go to? Oh well, I'd find out tomorrow. I sat down and in the middle of the dinner, I got up to go to the bathroom, when I was leaving the bathroom, I bumped into someone's shoulder, hard. I'm not the tallest person, actually I'm pretty short so I'm usually hitting people's shoulders, unfortunately for me that's not the softest place to hit your head.
"Ow" I said rubbing my head
I looked up to see a cute boy with light brown hair and blue eyes I recognized him from the group of kids on the other side of the restaurant.
"Um hey, I'm Grayson." The boy said rubbing the back of his neck
"Uh, I'm Serenity." I said with a  smile and a glance at the floor.
"Cool, are you new to this town?"
I smiled " that obvious?"
He laughed, I felt butterflies but there's no way I would have another boyfriend after my last one, I squashed the butterflies.
"No no it's a small town, I know everyone here."
I raised an eyebrow, " do you go to Ubblen High?"
"Um duh it's like the only school in this tiny town." He said with a  smirk, that was cute. Wait, what no no no I will not think someone is cute, no way I will not be hurt again.
I laughed " I should probably get back to my parents before they wonder where I am." " It was nice meeting you Grayson."
"You too Serenity, see you around."