Ch. 10 oceans and roses

"Because..."
He raised his eyebrows, waiting for an answer

"It's kind of a long story... so."

"I have time."

"Can we go upstairs? I'll tell you there."

"Alrighty."

" In my old town. Aspen, i had a boyfriend, he was great, m-my  best friend told me that all he wanted was to get in my pants, and I didn't believe her, but then one night, I was at his  house, a-a-a-a" I stuttered like no other and there were hot tears rolling out of my eyes. I could tell he knew where this was headed, he opened his arms motioning for me to get in them, I did. It calmed me down a bit.

"And I lost my virginity." My voice went a pitch higher when I said that.

"As if that's not bad enough" I sob

"I found out I was pregnant with his child,        a-and I wasn't sure I wanted to do, but of course he t-took that choice away from m-me too."

I was full on sobbing now, and I couldn't speak, my tears were soaking his shirt, but he didn't seem to care, he just held me. God I was such an ugly crier, and I have the audacity to cry in front of someone else, but it felt good, to tell someone, without having to go to therapy, and trust me that's been forced on me before, and besides, maybe he's all the therapy I need. Maybe.

When I calmed down, I looked up at him and he had a few tears running down his cheek. I wiped them away and looked him in the eyes.

"If I ever see that kid, or if he ever talks to you, I'll kill him, kill him with my bare hands."

I was a bit taken aback, never had someone said something like that on my behalf.I didn't know whether to be happy or worried, I did not want to be a witness to a murder.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, and put my head on his chest, breathing in the scent of his cologne, it smelled nice, like oceans and roses, but manly. What? I confuse myself sometimes. I breathed in and exhaled before looking up at him and thinking how he could be someone I could love.

Wait what? Haha no you just told him a depressing story, he probably wants nothing to do with you. Then why is he still here? Because he feels sorry for you. A tear rolled down my cheek. Good going, ya hurt your own feelings.

I looked up at him and admired his features, his strong jawline and dimple on his right cheek when he smiled and his beautiful eyes. I was so incredibly thankful that he came into my life, he was my first friend here. But on the other hand, he is the reason I got hit with a car...

I didn't tell him that... what would happen if I did, hopefully it was somewhere around Brittney getting expelled and me never having to look at her makeup covered face again.