F O U R T E E N

*Recap at Amber's*
"What are you doing here?"
_*_
-Meanwhile-

"Please!Please don't hurt me. I don't wanna die!". A woman pleaded,she desperately tried to drag her fallen body away from the figure. She clutched her arm that had a deep cut inflicted upon it,as blood splotched with every move of hers. She sustained an injury to her leg as well. Resulting in a trail of blood.

The figure chuckled coldly. "Sssshhh". He brought a blood stained finger to his lips as he crouched down before the woman.

"Please just let me go!". She cried,her eyes fearful.

"You see..." He paused asking her for a name.

"Helen". The woman in her late 30s responded shakily.

"Ah,Helen. So you see. I thought I could be better... for her. I thought being good was supposed to be... well,good. But-"

"Let me go,please don't be a monster!" The woman interrupted him with her cries,her eyes clenched shut in terror.

The man halted,his eyes narrowed as he felt himself going back to a memory from not too long back.
*/*
She giggled "Malachai?!". He nodded,a smile on his own lips at the meer sight of her laugh "Malachai! It's like my parents expected me to be evil". Kai's eyes hardened at the hurtful memories of the past.

She chuckled once more,bringing him back to his happy state.Her laying form turned to face his. Her green eyes meeting his blue-grey ones. The stars in the night sky sparkling over them.

She didn't expect to find herself on a rooftop this late at night with a stranger whom she had become 'friends'? with.

"You're not evil,Kai". She softly stated in all seriousness.

His eyebrows creased as he studied her expression. She was being serious and genuine.

"How do you know that?". His voice filled with doubt.

"I just do". She shrugged. "I see it in your eyes,Kai. You have guilt in them,unresolved emotions and hidden turmoil. You don't want to be bad. Infact I think you try to be good but the world perhaps doesn't allow it. You just need to be fixed... we all do". She left the sentence hanging in the air. The pair reflecting on her profound thoughts.

"So you think I can be fixed,Amber?". He stared her dead in the eye,hoping for an answer that fitted well with him.

She inhaled "Yes,Kai. I know you can". A tiny smile emerged from her.

"You deserve to be fixed. You deserve to be saved." She further added.

The boy glanced at her with such intensity almost as if he were peering into her soul.

"And do you want to be fixed,Amber?". His blue eyes studying her carefully.

She seemed to ponder for a moment too long. "I don't think I can be". She finally whispered,a distant look in her green orbs. Kai moved closer but Amber sat up. He followed,his eyes fixated on her.

"What makes you say that?".

She ran a hand through her brown hair. "I don't think I'm worth fixing,Kai".

"You know what I think?". Kai cocked an eyebrow. Amber glanced at him,anticipating an answer.

"I think you have every right to be fixed. Every right to find your broken pieces and have them fit together." Kai placed a hand onto hers.

Amber felt her eyes glisten with tears. It was something about the way he said it. It made Amber want to believe she had a shot at being okay.

Kai noticed the change in her mood so to lighten it. He jumped up onto his two boot covered feet and outstretched a hand to Amber. He nudged his head to the side gesturing for her to stand up.

"C'mon,Amber. Dance with me".

Amber,grinned before placing her hand in his. Kai lifted her up and immediately took a dance position.

The two danced around despite no music. Giggles and laughs floating about. Kai did a funny step or two,Amber followed. She was always good at dance,she loved it!.
They made small talk as their bodies moved together under the moonlight.

Two strangers becoming closer than anything...

Amber began humming after sometime as Kai moved them in a slow pace. Left,right. Up,down.

Kai found himself smiling at her voice humming a tune as their feet flitted across the concrete ground.
__
*Present*

"Let me go,please". The woman's voice snapped the man back into reality.

He glanced at the knife in his hand and back to the woman. His eyes widened. The man knew what he had to do.

●\●\●
Personally love this chapter! 850+words.
The audio above I felt as if it fit with Kai and Amber's moment. You can play it and enjoy. It's called 'red dress by Lucy Hale and Joe Nicholas'. Lucy is a QUEEN! . 'Dancing in the moonlight till the break of dawn'. Yahh!

Since no one commented on 'who the person was in Amber's room'. There's no dedication...

But here's a shoutout to two of my readers.

Queenbrenda4 and fallingstiles

Thanks for the support guys. Please do comment and vote. Add this book to your library to get a notification whenever I update :).

How did we like seeing the bad shade of Kai? And the adorable Kamber 'flashback' to when they first met and then spent the night together on a rooftop? I gave you guys tons of Kai since he wasn't around in the book for sometime ;) just so yah know the dance and all occured before Kai showed her he was a 'witch/siphoner' on the roof.

This one is one of my fav chapters wbu?.

Copyright protected|READ THIS BOOK ON www.wattpad.com ONLY! To prevent malware.

xo-Adeela_Defan_TVD*AdeelaJ
22/09/17