Chapter 1 - Exams over

The book is entirely in Astrid's Pov

Surviving a long distance relationship with your super hot famous boyfriend is harder than I expected. Especially when he's a girl magnet and you don't always know what he's up to. That's why I created a list of ways to keep up to date.

1. Download Skype, Whatsapp, Snapchat and basically every communication app you can possibly find. Stay up all night in your favourite onesie, chatting with your boyfriend until your eyelids start twitching and you absolutely have to sleep.

2. Whenever you wake up and miss him, listen to his songs.

3. Set up an app on your phone that tells you the time wherever he is so that you don't accidentally wake him up at 3 in the morning for a chat. (I've done this maybe 10 times already!)

4. Buy a calendar and mark down the number of days until you see him again (Which by the way, is now only FIVE DAYS AWAY!!).

5. Somehow win the lottery so you can quit school and fly to wherever he is and you don't have to be apart for this long ever again.

6. Do NOT search up his name and stalk him so you can see all the cool stuff he's doing while you're studying for your exams.

-----

Five days later...

-----

It should be illegal for exam rooms to have a view of the sea. How is it fair that we're stuck inside, fingers cramping from gripping a pen for two hours straight, while outside the light is dancing on the waves and it looks so bright and comforting? How am I supposed to remember who King Henry VIII's fourth wife was when the birds are singing and I swear I can hear the happy, jaunty tune of an ice-cream truck nearby?

I shake my head, dispelling the vision of a deliciously soft ice-cream cone with a cheeky Flake sticking out of it, and instead try to summon up a direct link into my best friend Casey's brain. She won't be having much trouble remembering any of these facts and figures in her history exam. I gave her the nickname Wiki because her brain seems to contain as much knowledge as Wikipedia, whereas my revision notes disappear from my memory as fast as Snapchats.

I sigh and try to concentrate on the exam question, but the words swim in front of my eyes and I can't make sense of my own messy scrawl. I hope whoever has to mark it has better luck.

Choosing to take history for GSCE (I'm not British and they're not British but I just chose to use that) was never a good idea. at the time, I just picked based on what everyone else seemed to be doing. The only subject I knew I definitely had to take was photography. The truth is I have no idea what I want to be when I leave school.

"Everyone, pens down." says the examiner at the front of the room.

My mouth instantly goes dry. I don't know how long I've been daydreaming for, but I know that I haven't finished answering all the questions. These exams determine what subjects I'll take next year and I've already mucked it up. My palms feel slick with sweat, and I can't hear the birds outside singing anymore. All I can hear is the squawk of seagulls. it sounds like they're chanting 'Fail, Fail, Fail' in my ear. My stomach turns, and I feel like I might be a bit sick.

"Astrid, you coming?" I look up, and Kira, one of the new friends I've made since New York is waiting by my desk. The examiner has already snatched my paper and I've barely noticed.

"Yeah, just a second." I grab my bag and slide out of my chair.

And then, as I stand up, a wave of relief takes over the nausea. No matter what the result, that's it. My final exam. I'm finished with school for the year!

I have a stupid grin on my face as I high-five Kira. I feel closer to my classmates now than I have in my entire time at this school. They gathered around me in the aftermath of the drama at the beginning of the year. A solid wall of friendship against the breaking tidal wave of news. The media went into a frenzy when they found out I was dating pop sensation Hiccup Haddock. And when the drama died down, it had brought us all together.

-----

how'd you guys like the first chapter of the new book? I'll try to update as much as possible this time! (TRY)

Love you! <3