Chapter 2 - It's Him!

As we spill out into the school hallways, Kira says "Celebratory burgers at GBK? We're all going there before we head to the concert. You must be so excited to see Hiccup again."

A familiar flutter rises in my stomach. I'm excited. Of course I am. But I'm nervous too. I haven't seen Hiccup since Easter when he spent my sixteenth birthday with me. Now we're about to spend two weeks in each other's company. And even though that's the only thing I want, and the only thing I can think about, I can't help wondering whether it'll be the same.

When we pick up our pace into a jog, and then a run, we burst through the doors that lead outside, throw our arms wide and twirl on the front step of the school. I've never been so ready for the school year to be over. Freedom has never felt so good.

-----

"Glad you could make it Astrid!" Kira says as I slide into the seat next to her. Casey is here with me with her boyfriend Alex and so is Amara, Kira's twin sister.

It honestly feels like my entire school is coming to watch the concert. Of course they are all excited to see Hiccup, but the main band, The Sketch, are massive at the moment. They're a group of four boys from the US who exploded onto the scene last year. They've already done gigs all over Asia, but this is the first one that Hiccup is joining. He's then heading off with The Sketch to Europe, and I get to go with him. (YAYYY)

"Why did you agree to meet everyone here again?" Casey asks me. She absolutely despises the GBK, I'm not sure why though.

"Kira invited me and I couldn't think of a way out of it. They're all coming to the concert so it made sense for us to go together. Besides, it's the new Concert Centre. It's so big that hopefully, we won't even see them," I say.

After that, we all sit in silence and I think. It's strange to think that only six months ago I had no idea who Hiccup Haddock was, even though we went to the same school and now everyone in the world basically adores him. I almost lost myself to the media storm before. Will I be able to hold onto Hiccup throughout the whirlwind that's to come?

"Have you met the rest of his band?" Casey asks.

I shake my head. "Not yet, but I know he's got some of his best friends with him."

"I really wish I could come with you to Europe," says Casey, her eyes downcast.

"I wish you could come too! But you're going to have an amazing time at CHIC," I reminded her. Casey's been looking forward to her internship at this big clothing store since she found out she got it at the start of the year.

"Did you know CHIC was started in 1895?"

I reach over the table and put my hand over Casey's. I know when she's spouting facts out of nerves rather than for fun. "You're going to be great," I say, reassuring her.

Just then, my phone vibrated in my pocket and I pull it out to see a new text from Hiccup.

H: How are you getting to the concert babe?

I quickly type in a reply.

A: I'm walking to the concert centre with Casey and some friends from school xxx

H: No you're not

I frown at his message.

"What's up?" Casey asks, spotting my confused expression. I show her the screen.

"What does he mean, No you're not? How else does he expect you to get to the concert?"

I shrug, but I see Casey's mouth form an 'O' of surprise. Her eyes widen as she stares past me towards the front of the restaurant.

"What is it?" I ask.

Before I've finished asking the question, shrieks and squeals of delight surrounded us. I hear Kira scream, "HICCUP HADDOCK!!" and I sit up straight in my seat and spin around.

There he is in all his glory. My boyfriend, Hiccup Haddock. He's wearing his trademark black T-Shirt, ripped jeans and a big smile. Seeing him makes the rest of the world melt away. Like a camera pulling focus, suddenly the rest of the world looks blurry while he stands out, clear and sharp.

He spots me and grins even wider. He saunters over to the booth, ignoring the squeals and slack-jawed stares of the girls at other tables, grabs both of my hands and pulls me up from the bench.

"Astrid Hofferson, do you mind if I steal you away?"

"Not at all!" I say, wanting nothing more than to disappear with him. But then I quickly remember and turn back around to Casey. "Do you mind?"

Casey laughs. "Go ahead, missy! I don't really want any food anyway. I'm thinking about going vegan. I'll go find Alex. I've been apart from him for about half an hour and already I think I might die."

I grin, then grab Hiccup's outstretched hand. Followed by the gawping looks of all my friends, we walk out of the restaurant and over to a waiting car.

It's concert time.

—————
Hey y'all! So I'm going to try updating as much as possible before my big yearly exams start and I have to study big time. That way you guys have stuff to read while I die studying.
❤❤❤