1 - Sweet Taste Of Revenge

1. SWEET TASTE OF REVENGE

MUSIC: Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran

"Bryce? Wait, isn't that a boy's name?"

Those were my ex-boyfriend's exact words when we met at the club house gym two years ago. I knew him way back in the third grade, but I don't think he knew me at all. If it weren't for his gorgeous Hazel eyes, I would've slugged him right there and then, but I didn't, because I was too captivated by his oozing charm. Ever since we broke up a few months ago, he never stopped teasing me about it. But then again, I can't help but agree with the little twit. Like what the heck were my parents thinking naming me Bryce?

What's wrong with picking common names like Angela, Maria or Isabella? Bryce is way too masculine. She knows how much of a girly girl I am so I'm the complete opposite of my name. Dad confessed one day, while we were at Wal-mart shopping for my brother's boxer briefs, that they were really expecting for a boy when mom was pregnant with me, so they decided to pick a unique name that would be well suited for either gender.

Well, that was quite a shocker. Everything seemed to just crumble down on me after that. Sometimes there are things that are better left unsaid.

My jerk of a brother, Dennis, who's also a menace, by the way, is a year younger than me. He said my name rhymes so much with 'lice'. Out of all the words he had to pick, he picked the word lice. Within a day, word got around. It spread like wildfire and before I know it the kids at school started calling me by that nickname and I know he's the only person who's responsible for this chaos.

"I don't understand why he hates me so much?" I stabbed the pistachio muffin in front of me.

Ida popped some tater tots into her mouth, chewed for a moment, and then said, "You can't blame the boy for trying."

"What do you mean?" I shot her a dirty look.

"It's quite obvious, he still loves you."

"No, he doesn't."

"Trust me, Bry, he still does. I can see it the way he looks at you."

I huffed, taking another stab at the muffin. There's never a day that Ida doesn't talk about him. My best friend is a huge fan of Asher, my ex-boyfriend. "Can we just stop talking about him, please?"

"Well, it's your fault, Bry. You're the one who broke up with him in the first place."

Flipping the table in front of me was the first thing that came to mind as soon as Asher stepped in the cafeteria along with his friends. I shuddered at the sight of him, groaning a bit under my breath.

"Bry," Ida chuckled, looking over her shoulder. "Relax, you look as if you're about to meet your executioner."

"My food is in danger," I said through gritted teeth. Ida roller her eyes, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder. "You don't understand, Ida. Something stupid always happens whenever that little prick comes near me."

"What does that even mean? Asher's a great guy."

"Are you kidding me?" I shot her a dirty look. "He placed Sriracha chili sauce inside my hamburger!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." Ida leaned back, stifling a laugh. Oh yes, she knew what happened on that very day and I remember it like it was just yesterday.

"I can't wait for high school to be over," I grumbled, stabbing one of the melon cubes on my paper plate. "I'm just so sick of Asher."

Ida reached out to give my arm a little squeeze. "Don't worry, it'll all be over before you know it."