4 - Little Miss Whiny Pants

4. Little Miss Whiny Pants

    When you seek vengeance, dig two graves. One for your enemy, and one for yourself. I can’t help but agree with the saying because I am seriously roasting myself towards my death, all because I wanted revenge. I wasn’t sure how long we were walking down the winding road but the Sun was slowly killing us and my knees were threatening to buckle underneath me. Our phone signals finally came on about fifteen minutes ago and we managed to call for road assistance. Unfortunately, they couldn’t help us because we weren’t sure about our location, so we cancelled and Asher stepped in and said we needed to continue walking until we can find someone who can help us.

   “My stomach’s growling,” I grumbled, slightly pulling the sleeve of Asher’s shirt. He just glanced at me and kept walking. “I said my stomach’s growling, Ash.”

   “Yeah, I heard you.” He said glumly. That wasn’t the right reaction I was looking for. I wanted him to feel sorry for me, at least. Okay, I do admit he did give me a little sympathy earlier but it’s not enough.

   I stopped and crouched down to massage my ankles; beads of sweat were streaming down my face. A bucket of ice cold water sounds really nice right now.

    “My feet are in pain, I’m thirsty, hungry and I’m sweating like a damn Pig. I don’t think I can walk any further.”

   Asher whirled around, looking like he wanted to strangle me on the spot. It was the first time I’ve ever seen him that angry. “Look, I know you’re in pain, you’re thirsty, hungry and sweating like a damn Pig, but guess what? I don’t care! Next time, wear comfortable shoes.”

   “I am wearing comfortable shoes.”

   He looked down to stare at my wedges, snorting like he saw something really funny. “Yeah, you are wearing comfortable shoes alright.”

   “Don’t you dare insult my wedges,” he waved his hand and muttered ‘whatever’ as he started walking away from me. That really pissed me off so I ran after him. “If you just used a GPS in the first place then we wouldn’t have gotten lost!”

   “I did use a GPS!”

   “What kind of GPS did you use?” I squeaked. “Your Pea sized brain?”

   He stopped and blinked, a smile forming around his lips. “Well, I did download this new GPS app. It looked pretty cool and it gave me all sorts of shortcuts. You can change the voice commands, too.”

   “Pretty cool?” I shook my head. “Seriously? You downloaded some GPS app because it was pretty cool? And you can change voice commands? Ash, I brought you along this trip that way we can reconnect, not have a screaming death match with me. I thought this is what you wanted?”

   He rolled his eyes, clearly brushing off my remarks. He ran a hand down his face and continued walking. My heart lurched at the expression on his face before he turned away from me. All of a sudden I felt bad for what I just did. I didn’t really mean to degrade him like that. I just didn’t want to play nice, that’s all.