Chapter Eighteen

I'm dedicating this to Eminemfangirl1014, who has been dying for me to post this chapter! Here it is! I hope you like it! :3 Thanks so much for your support! <3

A knock on my bedroom door had me rushing out of bed and through my room. I threw it open, startled to see Gajeel standing on the other side. “Gajeel? Why are you here so early?” I asked, pulling him through the door so he wouldn't be caught.

“I have a surprise for you,” he said, smiling. Something about him seemed off, but I ignored it, assuming it was just my nerves getting the better of me.

“What is it?” I asked, curiously.

“Close your eyes,” he instructed. Hesitantly, I did as he said, closing my eyes and waiting. Suddenly, I felt the blinding pain of iron as it pierced my chest, and opened my eyes wide in shock. Gajeel's face was contorted into a wicked grin as he ripped his transformed arm from the now gaping wound in my chest. I fell to the floor, gasping for air as my punctured lungs filled with my own blood.

“Ga—Gajeel,” I coughed, clutching onto his boots, “wh-why?”

“Now now,” Gajeel sneered, leaning down to pick me up by the neck, “you can't say you didn't see this coming Shrimp.” He emphasized my usually endearing nickname in a way that made me want to be sick. “After all, you're the only one to blame here. You did this to me.”

“No,”I whispered, tears running down my cheeks.

“Don't deny it!” He snapped, shaking me slightly. “You cast the spell for Dax, knowing what would happen! If you had just let him kill you, you could have spared everyone from so much suffering.”

“What?” The room began spinning as he spoke, transforming into something else. When everything finally fell into place, we were outside of the guildhall. Had it not been for Gajeel's hand around my neck cutting off my air supply, I would have screamed at the scene around us. The mangled bodies of my friends littered the ground surrounding us. I couldn't make out anyone's face, for they all seemed to blur together in a bloody mess.

I clawed desperately at his hand, wanting to run away from the gore round me. I didn't want to see it, because I knew exactly who had done it.

Gajeel tossed me to the ground like a rag-doll, laughing darkly when I cried out in pain. Although his hand was gone, I couldn't breathe. The blood from my chest wound had filled my lungs, and I was no longer able to inhale. I could feel myself beginning to suffocate, but, oddly, I wasn't afraid of dying. Honestly, I would rather die than live through the massacre of my loved ones. Gajeel had been completely possessed, so I knew I couldn't save him. The only thing I can do now is die, I thought, helplessly. I closed my eyes,slipping willingly into the painless darkness that I assumed was death.

Just as I had almost given in to the bliss completely, a voice caught my attention.

“Shrimp!” Is that Gajeel? I wondered to myself. I knew it couldn't be though, because he had been taken over by the dark magic I had cast.

“Shrimp, wake up!” This time, his voice was louder, and I could feel myself being pulled back into consciousness. Part of me fought it, afraid of the suffocating pain that I would feel when I woke up again. There was a hole in my chest, so there was no way I would live through this. I didn't see why I should wake up. If I was already so close to death, I should just give in, instead of prolonging the inevitable.