Part 16

Stiles woke up facing Derek. He was still asleep, snoring slightly. They both lay on their sides, Stiles' hands resting against Derek's chest and Derek's arm around Stiles' middle. Stiles smiled to himself, happy about the situation. But his smile made his cheek move and that movement hurt and made Stiles flinch in pain. That woke Derek up and he opened his eyes slowly. "What's wrong?", he mumbled half asleep. "Just my bruise. Sorry, I didn't  want to wake you up", Stiles apologized. "No, it's okay", Derek said soothingly. "Thanks", Stiles said. "How bad is it?", Derek asked. "The pain is mean and how bad it looks, you tell me", Stiles replied. Derek made a face at him. "That bad?", Stiles sighed. "Well...", Derek stretched the word to it's fullest. "Tell me the truth", Stiles demanded. "It looks horrible. It's ten shades of blue and purple", Derek admitted frowning. Stiles pouted. "Well at least no one is gonna fall only for my looks then", Stiles joked. Derek laughed at this and Stiles thought Derek laughed because he thought that the bruise wasn't the reason that no one would fall for his looks. "What? Don't you think anyone could fall for my looks if I wouldn't have that thing in my face? Does this sound so impossible to you?", Stiles asked, absolutely aware of how close they were in this moment. "I...", Derek started but Stiles was a little pissed, well a lot. "Just because you look like an ancient greek god, doesn't mean everyone else is ugly", Stiles spat out and Derek pulled his arm away from over him. "So you are saying that people just fall for me for my looks and not for my personality?", Derek asked, getting in rage too. "That's not what I said, Derek. I didn't fall for you because of your looks", Stiles said without thinking about it. And BAM suddenly the rage was gone and the eyes of both boys got wide. "What did you just say?", Derek whispered, not able to speak louder than that. "Fuck", Stiles breathed out, he couldn't believe he just said that out loud. He struggled to get up. "Stiles?", Derek sounded lost. He got up too and grabbed Stiles' wrist, who tried to escape from the room. "Let me go", Stiles half yelled but Derek kept hold of him. "Let me go, please, Derek", he repeated his voice shaky and low, he sounded hurt. He had tears in his eyes and turned to face the door so he didn't have to look at Derek. "Talk to me", Derek's voice was soft, not demanding like his alpha voice. The room was silent for a few moments and Derek could hear Stiles' heart beating rapidly. He heard the shaky breath of the boy and couldn't help himself but think that this was his fault. "You don't have to talk to me", Derek released Stiles' wrist "but please do it". Derek looked at the back of Stiles' head and noticed how he slowly turned around to him. Stiles looked at the floor but slowly lifted his head to look at Derek. He had tears falling from his eyes and his bottom lip was shaking slightly. Derek looked at him worried, but also waiting for him to say something, if he wanted to. "I-I am sorry, okay. I am sorry. I didn't meant for this to happen. I didn't plan to fall for you. I-It just happened and I couldn't do anything and I...I...", he sucked in a breath "I just really like you. More than I should and I am sorry. If you hate me, I can totally understand. You never have to see me again. I didn't mean to tell you, I...it just slipped. I am sorry. I am so so sorry, Derek". He started sobbing and expected Derek to yell at him and leave. He had his eyes closed, because he didn't want to see Derek leaving. He didn't want to see how his feelings ruined their friendship. Suddenly he felt Derek's arms around him pulling him into his chest. Stiles sobbing got worse at Derek's response. "I am so sorry", he repeated over and over again. "Shhhh", Derek tried to soothe him "don't be sorry for your feelings". "I don't want you to hate me, Derek", Stiles mumbled into Derek's neck trying to calm himself down. "I would never hate you and especially not because you fell for me", Derek whispered in his ear. "Why's that?", Stiles pulled back a little to look at Derek and wiped his tears away with his sleeve. "Because I feel the same", Derek admitted looking Stiles directly into his eyes. "Don't joke about this", Stiles spat out, not believing that this could actually be the truth. "Stiles...", Derek tried to defend himself. "It's not funny", Stiles sounded hurt. Derek didn't know what to say anymore so he just listened to what his instincts told him and grabbed Stiles by the waist to pull him near and closed the gap between their lips. Stiles was taken aback by the sudden change of events and he was frozen in shock for a moment. Then he realised what was happening and he kissed back hesitantly. His hands found their way to Derek's neck. The kiss was slow and sweet and it said more than a thousand more words between them could say. It was over far too quickly, for both of their likings, but they needed to seperate for breath. "Wow", Stiles breathed out and Derek smiled at him. "So you really weren't joking, huh? I should have known, you are not the one for jokes, I mean you are still Derek and...", Stiles blabbered and Derek laughed. "Shut up and kiss me again", Derek said and Stiles sighed happily and leaned in to kiss Derek. Their lips moving in perfect sync as if they were made for just that. "Finally I found something to effectively shut you up with", Derek said after they parted. "I could get used to that", Stiles smiled at him. "Me too", Derek said "why didn't you tell me further?" "Why didn't you tell me?", Stiles asked back. "I was afraid you would reject me", Derek admitted. "Why would I reject you?", Stiles lay his hand on Derek's cheek, brushing his thumb over it. "Well you are a wonderful and happy person that everyone likes and I am me", Derek whispered looking to the ground. "You are a wonderful person, too. You hear me? Look at me, Derek", he lifted his face again "as I said, I didn't fall for your looks. Although you are pretty damn hot". Stiles smiled, wiggling his eyebrows. Derek laughed, feeling better at Stiles' words. "You are not that bad yourself", he replied "even with that bruise". "Oh, really?", Stiles asked flirtatiously. "Yeah, really", Derek laughed and pulled him in for another kiss. "God I am so glad I didn't think before speaking", Stiles mumbled. Derek laughed and kissed him again.

Thanks for 1.27k reads guys. You make me so happy and I hope this chapter made y'all happy 😙