Part 17

They were still kissing in the middle of the room when they heard a knock at the door. "Stiles?", the sheriff asked from the other side of the door "are you awake?" "You didn't hear him coming?", Stiles asked Derek a little desperate. "I was kind of distracted", Derek explained. Stiles smiled at him, getting lost in his eyes. Then there was the knock again... right, his father was there. He couldn't let him see Derek in his room. Stiles shushed him away to stand behind the door. "Yes dad?", he said opening said door, leaving enough space for Derek to stay. "Have you seen Derek?", his father asked "I just came back from my shift and the door to his room stood open. The room was empty, bed untouched". "How would I know where he is, I mean I was in my room and he is not here soooooo...", Stiles blabbered. "O-kay?", the sheriff half asked. "Maybe he went for a run?", Stiles suggested "the guy is fit. He needs his work out". "Maybe...", the sheriff was lost in thought "I hope he comes back soon. Anyway, I am heading to bed. Night, son". "Night, dad", he said although the day just started, but it was time to sleep for his dad. With that he closed the door and let out a breath. "That was close", Stiles stated. "You don't want to tell him about us?", Derek asked "are you ashamed of me?" "Derek, no!", Stiles yelled then slapped his hand in front of his mouth, hoping his father hadn't heard him. "God, no!", he added quietly, took Derek's hand and guided him towards the bed where they both sat down. "First of all I am afraid he will kick you out when he knows. I mean you are a few years older than me. Second I am not entirely sure what this is", he gestured between the two of them "and most importantly I can't just go ahead and tell him I kissed you. He doesn't even know I am into guys. No one knows. Hell, even I didn't know until you came along", Stiles couldn't stop speaking. "Calm down. We don't need to tell anyone. And if it helps you, I didn't know I liked guys, too. And I don't know if I do actually, but I know I like you and...", he paused looking at Stiles "I want to be with you, Stiles. If you want that, too, of course". "I couldn't think of something I'd want more", Stiles smiled at him. "Not even food?", Derek asked smiling. "Well...", Stiles joked. "Hey", Derek made a shocked face at him. "I was kidding. Come here", he smiled and then kissed Derek, who smiled into the kiss as well. Derek put his hand on Stiles' cheek and Stiles pulled away, feeling pain shoot through his face. "Oh, damn. I'm sorry, I forgot", Derek apologized as he remebered the bruise. "I need more painkillers", Stiles said through his teeth, trying to breathe the pain away. Derek took his hand and with that some of his pain and he heard Stiles let out a breath of relief. "Thanks", he said silently "but I don't want you to feel my pain". "I can handle it", Derek said and Stiles knew that Derek didn't think he was weak. It was just that werewolves could handle pain better than humans could. "Besides, I have to take care of you today. So taking your pain is just one of my chores I guess", Derek stated. "Oh, right. I almost forgot. And here I thought this was already the best day in my life", Stiles said and Derek smiled at him. Then Stiles' face got sad and Derek looked at him concerned. "What's wrong?", he asked him. "Just...I don't want you to feel like you have to do this. I don't want you to feel responsible for me...", he admitted. "I want to do this, Stiles. Okay? I like to take care of you, because it makes me feel needed. Also I want to be here for you, just as you are here for me. Keeping me away from stupid decisions and, you know, giving me a place I can call home", he smiled at Stiles "I mean we are in a relationship after all, aren't we?" Stiles smiled from ear to ear, ignoring the pain in his cheek. "I like the sound of that very much", he admitted "and thanks". "You're welcome", Derek said and pecked him on the lips "now, come on. I know you're starving and just not telling me. I will make us some breakfast. How do pancakes and bacon sound to you?" Stiles looked like he had heart eyes. "How does cuddling the whole day on the couch with your boyfriend sound like?", he asked Derek, kind of hesitant at the word 'boyfriend'. "I need to get used to that word", Stiles mumbled. "Me too", Derek admitted "but I do like the sound of it". He smiled at his boyfriend and leaned in to kiss him. Just in that moment Stiles' stomach growled really loud and they both looked down at it and started to laugh. "About the breakfast...", Stiles hinted. "Yeah let's go downstairs", Derek took Stiles' hand and led him out of the room. "We'll continue this after breakfast", Stiles promised and winked at Derek. "I'll hold you to that", Derek said smiling as they walked down the stairs.

The sheriff went straight to his room, hearing nothing of that conversation but smiling to himself because he saw a pair of feet behind Stiles' door. He knew his son and he knew he talked a lot but he only blabbered when he was nervous or excited or both. He just knew it was Derek and he suggested that there was something going on between them. He knew that he was a werewolf and several years older than his son, but Stiles was happy and that was the only thing that mattered to him. Derek was a good person who has proven his loyalty more than once towards them.  He knew that Stiles would tell him someday, when he was ready. He just knew.  And till then, he'd wait and just be happy for his son. He fell asleep with a smile on his lips.

1.42k reads guys! This makes me so happy! I hope you liked this chapter. As you may have noticed I love Sheriff Stilinski and he really deserves a father of the century award so lets clap for him, shall we? I really appreciate every vote and especially comments. I love to hear from you, so please leave some comments. Love you all!