Lesson4: Who is God?

Bible text: Isaiah 45:18-22.

Memory Verse: John 4:24 "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth"

Central truth: God exists.

Introduction: The history of mankind reveals that man has been religious and religion has played a major role in many societies. Some are recognized as polytheistic in nature and they made those god by themselves,e.g. Greece. Nevertheless some cultures believed that only one God exists (monotheistic in nature), while the Christians believe in the one and only God in the bible.

Our text today talks one of this one God in the bible, the bible tells us of this one God and gives evidence of His existence.

Study guide:

God existed before everything Isaiah 45:2b.

1. God's existence can be proved through creation, Genesis 1:1, Psalm 19:1, Isaiah 45:18.

2. The word of God proves his existence even as we believed he exists. Hebrews 11:6.

3. Other gods created by man cannot save. Isaiah 45:20.

4. God is just self-existence. Isaiah 45:21b.

Who is God?

1. God is a spirit. John 4:24.

2. God is love. John 3:16, 1John 4:8.

3. God is incomparable. Exodus 15:11.

4. God is all powerful. Luke 1:37.

5. God is light/all knowing. John 3:20,Acts 15:18.

6. God is everywhere. Psalm 139;7-8.

Life Application: God has been in existence before  all creation including you and I, he is still in existence and would continue to be. Hebrews 13:8. Besides him there is no other God.

Invitation: Hebrews 11:6. Without faith it is impossible to please God, for you must believe that he exists to experience his salvation,love and power.

Conclusion: He is the only God that is all knowing, all powerful,he created all things and he speaks the truth.

Prayer: I praise you that you are my God.