Chapter 8

8:30AM – I’m coming back to Northampton today; do you want to meet up? It’s going to have to be in the afternoon though. Ben wants to meet you and Craig. Swey x

8:33AM – I almost had a heart attack, you’re never up this early! Sure, I want to see whether or not you’ve truly gone insane. I’ll talk to Craig and get back to you. Pip x

8:35AM – Yeah, I woke up early for once. Ok but nowhere too public please. Swey x

8:37AM – Why? Pip x

8:41AM – I don’t want to be in the papers tomorrow morning and neither does Ben. Swey x

8:40AM – Alright, so you don’t want a Bam Bam in the Cordwainer then? Pip x

8:42AM – Oooh, yes I do; I’ll get Ben to bring a hat or something. Talk to you later, I need to get ready to go…no idea what time we’re leaving. Swey x

“I’ve been thinking” Benedict stated, sitting up and running a hand through his hair “maybe, if you do want to move in, we should get a house or something? I mean, this place won’t feel like yours if you just move in, will it?”

“Nothing will feel like mine unless I can help pay the running costs” I told him “so, either way, I need to start looking for work but I like this place; I’ve always dreamed about living in an apartment in London and this has everything I’ve ever wanted.”

“You don’t need to work” he told me “I don’t care if you don’t put in.”

I care” I replied “I’m not a freeloader; I don’t expect to stay anywhere for free and that includes staying here whether or not we’re living together.”

Benedict frowned at me for a moment before saying “you’re rather stubborn, aren’t you?”

Shrugging I replied with “I don’t like the insinuations that’ll come from me living here free of charge. It’s not how it works.”

“Well maybe you could cook, clean and look pretty?” He suggested with a grin.

“I can’t cook, I hate cleaning and I most certainly don’t look pretty.”

He chuckled at me and shook his head before pulling out two rollups from his bedside table and handing one to me. “We’ll smoke these in bed and then start getting ready and, just for the record, you are beautiful.”

“Stop giving me compliments I’ll never be able to accept” I told him, blushing furiously as I lit up “and, by the way, I’m notoriously famous for falling asleep with a lit cigarette in my mouth.”

“Never” Ben winked “and, in that case, it’s a good job I’m here to stop you from falling asleep and setting everything on fire.”