10. The Morning After

Rose's POV 🌴:

I wake up feeling a bit disoriented.

My vision is blurred, and my head started to pound incredibly fast.

"Ugh I'm never drinking again" I say to myself. "That's an understatement" a voice says from somewhere in the room.

My head swings around looking in every corner of the room of where the voice came from until my eyes land on a figure sitting on a rocking chair. "Oh my God I just had sex with a random guy last night, and I'm not even in my house" I say to myself letting myself fall on the bed.

"Actually sweetie we didn't hook up, and we just talked in the bar then you wanted me to take you home, but you passed out so I took you here" he says looking at me with soft eyes.

Those eyes...

They looked so familiar. Those warm pair of eyes that were set upon me. I assessed his faced, and I let out a soft but audible gasped when I realized it was indeed Kinnian.

"You're that guy from my apartment building" I say quickly.

He chuckles quickly and replies with "Yeah, but my name is Kinnian." I smile and say "I remember you." He stands up and sits on the bed beside me and he says "I'm glad you do...?" I turn to face him and say "Rose."

"Thanks for not taking advantage of me" I say shyly. "No problem I really like you, and I wouldn't want to ruin any chance I have with you" he says softly scratching the back of his neck.

"No problem. Now that that's out of the way. Can I take you on a date?" He asks raising his eyebrows curiously.

"Hmm...why don't you take me home first?" I say raising my eyebrows in the same manner that he did. "Shall we?" He says holding his hand out for me. I gave him a small smile and stood up without taking ahold of his hand.

"I was just trying to be nice" he says giving me a reassuring smile.

We walked out of his apartment building and got in his car, and we drove off to our destination.

I walked ahead of him as he trails behind me.

We reach in front of the apartment door, and I stop to look at him. Something inside of me made me take a confident step up to him, and I grasped his face within my tiny hands and I planted my lips on his. At first he was surprised then he pulled me close, and he started to kiss me back.

We separated after what seemed like forever, and I put some distance between us once again.

"I don't want anything serious right now. I've been going through some things, and maybe we can be together just not in a boyfriend-girlfriend type way" I say keeping my gaze on his shoulder.

He placed his forefinger under my chin and his thumb on the tip of my chin causing me to keep eye contact. "Whatever you want" he says giving me that tantalizing smile.

"Do you want to come in? Maybe watch a movie?" I ask unsurely.

"Yes I would love to" he says with a small smirk playing on his lips.

I unlock the door and step in. We both walk in, and I shut the door behind us. I walk ahead as he follows behind me. We make our way into the living room, and I set him on the couch. "You watch a movie while I go shower, and then we can play a game or something" I say with a nonchalant look on my face.

***

2 hours later...

"Stop that's so unfair!" I say with a jokeful glare as I hit him in the chest.