50. One Chance

Rose's POV🌴:

"We have a business party. We need to go to" ,he whispers in my ear.

"Liam, has something planned, but I don't know what. It must be big cause he's being extra secretive" ,he says seriously.

"Ok. Let's go" ,I say giving him a peck on the lips.

***
5 hours later...

It was 8 by the time we stepped inside the reserved house.

It was beautiful on the outside, but it was even more magnificent on the inside. Chandeliers were high above, the walls were créeme white within beautiful contrast of the floors, the furniture was placed carefully in its surroundings, and the designs were truly a work of art.

Alex got my attention with a kiss and says, "Everyone is in the lounge." He took me by the hand and lead me around the unknown home.

We stepped inside a room full of people, dancing provocatively on each other.

He smiles at me and whispers, "We'll get you home soon. I promise." I give him a quick kiss before we walk over to our spot next to our companion, Mr. Hughes.

"Hello, sir" ,I greet him sweetly.

His eyes light up as he sees me and gets up to give me a hug.

I was a bit taken back by his warm gesture but I hold him in my arms, nonetheless.

He pulls away and says, "I'm so glad you could make it, Rose." He gives Alex a firm handshake and greets him warmly as well as he did me.

"The man of the hour is going to be coming here soon. He is a new business man, but he's done very well with his father's company. He was at the business party before, but we didn't know when would be the right time to put forth something so different from our style. I don't want to give it away yet, but I'm just really excited about this project" ,he says beaming with joy.

"I know this is a bit short notice, but he has requested for you, Rose" ,he says softly.

"He wants you to work for him" ,he voices out.

"Why can't I just keep working for you, sir?" ,I ask feeling quite sad. "You will still be working for me by working for him" ,he whispers. "We will still talk" ,he continues on to say.

He eyes Alex, giving me a knowing look.

I giggle and I realize how much I'm going to miss working for him. All the jokes that we shared and how much fun we had in the office.

Even though, he's just a few years older than me, he felt like a father.

He was always supportive and tried to help me the best he could. I will forever be in his debt.

"Thank you" ,I mouth to him.

He has a sweet smile on his face as he rises from his seat and extends his hand to me. I willingly take it and I walk over to the dance floor with Liam.

"You didn't tell me you started to date the boss of the company" ,he says with a hardy chuckle.

"I know. I didn't know how you'd take it" ,I whisper close to his ear. "I don't mind. I'm just saying it would have been nice to know" ,he says plastering a sweet smile on his face. "Do you like him?",he inquires.