Chapter 2

Loki was in his cell when the guards came and told him the news.
    "Loki Laufeyson, Odin has called for your trial." One of them said.
    "I thought it was tomorrow." He said cautiously.
    "He called it early. I'm sure you know the drill." The one in the middle responded.
     Loki walked over to them and they put on handcuffs. Then they led him out of his cell and up to the throne room. When the got there, Odin was ready to begin, but Loki cut him off.
     "I want Mother, Abbey, and Thor here this time." He demanded.
     "Fine." Odin said as he sent a gaurd to collect them.
      There seemed to be a staring contest while they waited; Odin was the first to look away.
        Abbey and Frigga came first and Thor wasn't far behind them. It was time to begin.
         "You fake your death, and assume that you will be welcomed back with open arms?" Odin said.
         "I was, for the most part. By all except you." Loki countered.
         "Then I am the only one who sees you for what you are, a criminal."
         "And do you know what this "criminal" has been doing? I've been rallying troops from across the nine realms to fight against the mad titan Thanos." Loki said.
          "And who all have you gathered?" Odin asked.
          "Everyone who was willing to fight, from Vanahiem to... Jotunhiem." He said the last part slowly, unsure of how Odin would respond.
        "You recruited the Jotuns? Enemies of Asgard?" Odin asked.
         "Yes, they-" Loki started to explain.
          "No, don't explain." Odin paused. He leaned to one side and stared at Loki.
      Loki stared right back, though a little more nervously.
    "I'm... I'm proud." Odin was unsure of himself. "I'm proud that you have come to terms with your heritage."
    "I haven't." Loki said simply.
    There was a pause and then Loki started up again, "I was angry at first. I was furious with you and mother for keeping that from me for so long. Then I fell and when Thanos gave me that scepter, it was... different. It made my anger stronger. I wasn't really in control. I wouldn't have had much choice anyways. When I got back here all the anger that I had kept all pent up was just, gone."
       "Oh" was all Odin could say.
      Eventually Frigga said "Release him."
     The gaurds took a step towards Loki looking back at their king who nodded and stood.
     "Loki, I declare that you are no longer a prisoner of Asgard. You are all dismissed. Leave me." He said to make it 'official' and sat back down.
    Frigga walked over and embraced her son. Thor and Abbey joined in soon after. They left the throne room and made their way to Loki's old room. When he finally opened the door he noticed that everything had been tidied up.
     That night, two years ago, he had thrown things around his room in blind fury before going down and talking to Frigga. But someone had cleaned it up and he walked in and made a beeline for the bookshelf. After carefully scanning it for his favorites he smiled and turned back around. Frigga and Thor were chuckling. Abbey was smiling at him adoringly and he knew that he was finally home. They all thought everything was back in it's proper place and they were right, but things don't stay happy for long, do they?

Alright so this took a couple weeks and it is really short but I have a Thomas Sanders fic that I am working on as well so expect longer waits between updates.
If you liked this chapter let me know by voting and tell me what you thinks gonna happen next in the comments! See y'all next chapter!
-R