Chapter 6

She was pulled by her hair off of the wall and thrown back to the ground. Abbey barely had time to push herself up when she was slammed back down as a wall of ice cold water was dumped over her. When it was over she was sputtering and gasping for air. Before she could react her hands were tied behind her back and she felt something cold being snapped around her neck. It was a collar, with spikes that pressed into her neck.
    There was a chain attached and she was jerked forward. She struggled to walk as she was led down the dirty halls of the ship. She was forced down to her knees in front of Thanos' throne.
     "Will you do as I ask?" He asked menacingly.
      "I will never do your bidding, monster." She said, looking him in the eye.
       "So be it." He gestured to the Other.
       He dragged her back down the halls to a secluded room where she was strapped to a cold metal table. Slowly, water started to drip on her forehead.
     Drop...drop...drop. Days passed and she had started to count the drops as they fell.
     "3999... What comes after 3999? Hehehe." She giggled as she was driven to the edge of insanity.
     The door slammed open and all she could do was giggle as the drops stopped. She was pulled into another room that was much nicer than any she had seen. There was a small table and chairs and a bed that looked really soft. There was even a small window so she could look out at the vast expanse of space.
     She was given a black skintight suit, similar to Gamora's she realized. When she had changed the Other came in and led her back to Thanos.
      "Will you do as I ask?" He asked again.
      "Wait what?" She asked, she had been staring around at the room, and not paying any attention to Thanos.
       "Will you go back to Asgard and steal infinity stones for me?" He asked, clearly frustrated.
      "Why not?" She said, "It could be fun!"
       "First you will go through some training. Once that is complete you will go to Asgard and complete your mission." He paused, "If you fail me, you will long for the sweet release of death."
        She smirked, "When do I start?"

      Loki sat straight up in bed. He shakilly flicked his hand for the lights to come on.
      Nine months. It had been nine months since Svartalfhiem, and he had nightmares like this every night. This was the most vivid one yet. He stood up and wrapped a thin silk robe around himself before making his way down to the chambers that Frigga usually shared with Odin. Odin, however was still in the Medical ward because his wound hadn't healed.
    He pushed open the door and his mother enveloped him in a warm hug.
    "Another nightmare." She led her youngest son over to her bed and sat down, cradling his head to her chest like she did years ago when he was just a boy.
    "This one was so vivid, I fear it may be real." He squeezed his eyes shut against the all too familiar sting of tears, "She went insane, a-and He was making her come here and steal infinity stones for h-him."
     "Oh, dear. It will be okay. If she does come we will do anything in our power to heal her again." She rubbed soothing circles into Loki's back, "She is strong, she'll be okay."
     Loki nodded and stood up. After another warm hug he went back to his own room and fell into a dreamless sleep.

    The last three months had been filled with hard and difficult training that left Abbey sore, but in a strangely good way. The next morning she would leave to begin her mission on Asgard. She had been turned into a different person, the insanity made her easy to mold into whatever Thanos chose.
     Thanos was hosting a ball to celebrate, and there were probably 500 people in the large room. Thanos himself was sitting on his throne above the crowd so he could watch everyone.
     Abbey was standing alone with a slightly alcoholic drink in hand. She wore a lacy black dress that hung to her ankles in the back but rose to her knees in the front.
      After she finished her third drink a strange man with all white hair and black markings on his lips came up to her.
      "May I have this dance?" He asked, holding out his hand.
      She took it and they began to dance to a slow song.
       "You look exquisite in that dress." He whispered.
       "Thank you. Thanos picked it out for me." She said. "He always picks out my clothes."
         "Come," he said taking her by the elbow, "I wish to show you something." He led her to a hall where no one would see them and pressed a hand to the side of her face. "Remember."
         A stream of memories flashed across her vision. Looking at a raven haired man during sunrise. Visiting him in a cell. A golden dome. A blonde woman with a soothing voice. Her parents.
          Then it stopped, and the man was gone.
        "Remember."

So what do you think? Let me know by leaving a comment with your thoughts! I'm really excited to write Abbey as crazy. Is that wierd?
As always don't forget to comment and/or vote and I'll see y'all next chapter!
-R