chapter 5

The next few months were filled with training and magic untill Thor brought his human, Jane, to Asgard.
    Jane had somehow gotten the aether and they now had to figure out how to free it from her without her dying.
     Loki and Abbey had been researching in the library for hours when they heard large booms coming from the throne room. They raced through the halls to find a strange ship sitting where the doors once were.
     Carefully they clambered around it and hid behind one of the many pillars. The dark elf Malekith was walking towards Frigga and Jane, who was hiding behind the throne.
     "Give me the aether!" He said.
     "Stand down creature, you may still survive this." She responded drawing her long knives.
      "I have survived worse woman." He drew his own weapon.
      "Who are you?" She asked taking a step forward into a defensive stance.
      "I am Malekith, leader of the dark elves, and I will have what is mine." He took a step towards her. 
     They circled eachother and swaped blows before Kurse came in and grabbed Frigga from behind.
       Malekith found Jane behind the throne but was struck by a bolt of lightning from Thor. Kurse stabbed Frigga in the side and she fell to the ground. Abbey and Loki ran through the chaos to grab the queen.
      "Take her to your chambers." Loki said helping Abbey to support her weight.
       She quickly teleported to her room and called for a medic before teleporting back to the fray.
      Loki was helping Sif, the warriors three and Odin push Malekith and Kurse back towards their ship. Kurse managed to strike a fatal blow on Odin before they climbed in the ship and took off, barely dodging the blasts of magic and lightning sent their way.
       When they were gone they were slightly in shock. The king was attended to by medics and moved to his chambers. They went to Abbey's chambers where the Frigga was arguing with a medic on whether or not she could get up.
      "I am fine," she said, "it is merely a shallow wound!"
       "No, you must lay down, you might rip the stitches!" The medic said, attempting to push her back into the bed.
       "No, I will stand." She pushed the medic away and stood up to hug her sons. "Are you all alright?"
       "Yes," Loki answered for all of them, "But Father is not doing so well."
        "Well, what are we standing here for?" She asked and led the way to Odin.
       He had been stabbed an inch away from his heart and it wasn't certain if he would survive the week.
      "We have to kill that monster." Thor said.
       "They've probably run back to Svartalfhiem." Loki said, "We could head there-"
       "In the morning," Frigga said, "but for now we will get dressed for dinner and tell the people before the meal why the Allfather is absent."

      When Abbey left her chambers she saw Loki and Thor hurrying along in their cloaks.
     "Wait up for me!" She called.
     "Abbey!" Loki turned around, "I-"
     "You were going to leave without me weren't you." She said, pitting her hands on her hips.
      "Yes, I just don't want you to get hurt" he explained.
       "I understand that but-"
      "No, stay here, please." He said, and wrapped her in a hug.
       "Okay. Fine." She returned the hug as Loki slipped something into the pocket of her own cloak.
        She followed them down to the feast hall and sat down. They took the bifrost with Jane, but so did Abbey.
        She crept along behind them, content to watch what was happening from a distance. She watched as the aether was drawn from Jane and jumped to help when Malekith attempted to leave and the dark elves attacked Thor and Loki. She was fighting a small one when she was grabbed from behind.
     After a few minutes all of the dark elves were dead and Thor and Loki turned to see Abbey being held by none other than Thanos. 
    "That was a brilliant show but of course, I need that." He said killing Kurse and Malekith who possessed the Aether.
     It went into the infinity gauntlet and he moved to go back to his ship with Abbey in tow but Loki called out "No!"
    "What was that?" Thanos turned back towards the brothers.
    "I said no." Loki said defiantly, "You can have me, but don't take her."
     "Now why would I do that?" He asked mockingly.
      "At least let him say goodbye." Abbey said quietly.
       He threw her on the ground at Loki's feet, "Make it quick."
      Loki looked down at her with tears in his eyes, "You don't have to do this."
      "I'm not letting that purple bastard get his hands on you a third time." She said as she pulled him into a hug.
      He grabbed her by the chin and pulled her into a kiss. "I-I love you." He whispered, a tear squeezing out of his eye.
      "I love you too, Loki. Stay safe, for me." She wiped the tear off his cheek and turned towards thanos, clearing her throat." Alright you big purple... thing. Where are we off to."
       He flicked his wrist and some chitauri came and bound her wrists behind her back, leading her onto Thanos' ship.
        Thor, Loki, and Jane stood and watched as they disappeared from view. Eventually Thor raised his hammer to the sky and they were teleported back to Asgard.

So, Abbey has been taken by Thanos. It took me a while to decide whether or not Loki would be taken but in the end I think this worked out much better.
As always tell me what you thought in the comments and/or leave a vote! See you in the next chapter!
-R