Chapter 7

But unfortunately, I didn't heed Queen Amberly's warning about the diamond and now I'm paying the price!" she finished with a sob, just as lightning struck outside the window.

There was several heartbeats' silence after this proclamation. Kipps stared at Mrs. Ravensdale with his eyes opened wide in shock. His mouth had dropped open to a perfectly comical '0'. If this weren't so serious, I'd probably be on the floor laughing my head off. He wasn't the only one who looked shaken though. Holly had her hand on her mouth and her eyes were shifting between the floor and Mrs. Ravensdale. And I've got to admit, I was quite scared too. The lightning that ghostly illuminated our faces didn't quite help either. Finally Lockwood found his voice.

"Ahem. Mrs. Ravensdale, I appreciate you telling us this but I doubt it the curse is real. Please put your mind at ease and leave this matter to us. I'm sure we can try searching for Lisa. Meanwhile, it is getting quite late and we did come here to get rid of some ghosts for you. So I think it's about time we start preparing. So if you don't mind..." Lockwood's voice trailed off.

"Ah, yes, of course. I'll get out now and leave you to... well whatever you agents do." she said getting up with a nervous chuckle.

"Uh, yea." muttered Holly with a wavering smile. Everyone could feel the tension weighing down on them. The risk was finally starting to get to us.

Finally, Mrs. Ravensdale grabbed her coat and handbag and left the house. After saying goodbye to Mrs. Ravensdale and shutting the door, Lockwood turned to us with another of his radiant smiles.

"Right then! Should we get to work?" he asked.

------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes after Mrs. Ravensdale's departure, we were all gathered in the kitchen, trying to make sense of this bizarre turn of events. We had set up all the chains in the main places of the house and made ourselves cups of tea and had laid out some biscuits and chocolate that George was scarfing down. There were 5 storeys in the house. The highest storey contained the attic where the murderous deeds has happened. The next two were filled with bedrooms and bathrooms that were extremely ornate and were filled with antique paintings and statues like the rest of the house. The first floor had a huge sauna, a movie theater and a gym room. I guess it was recently modified to have the latest equipment. Finally, the basement contains the living room, kitchen and dining hall. All in all, it was a house from the creepiest of the creepy movies I'd ever watched but still, the architecture was very impressive. It was so grandeur and the base was so firm.

"So, what's the plan?" asked Kipps, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Kipps, I want you to take the first floor. You can take Holly along with you. George, I need you to stay in the basement. Who knows what could manifest here? Lucy and I will take the bedrooms on the higher floor. All of you, you know the drill--take temperature readings and check for any signs of Visitors. If something happens, rapiers and salt bombs. Got it?" he asked, looking us all in the eyes. That all sounded well and fine, except...

"Lockwood, what about the attic?" I asked.

"Ah, yes. That. We shall first report back here at 11 and then go see about the attic when the night is in its full glory. For that, I think the team needs to be together." he replied, adjusting his belt and rapier.

"Right then. Let's get going." Lockwood said, flashing his teeth at us.

**Author's Note**

Thank you @shiriban for the votes!

Sorry for the short update! :'( Thx for reading again! Plz vote, comment  and share. 

--Blue