Chapter 12

"Hey, Lockwood, Luce," George interrupted. "Sorry to interrupt but I think you might want to get back into the circle." I looked at the direction he was pointing and saw a shape forming in the dark.

We raced back into the circle and quickly got our rapiers out. I placed a hand on my salt bombs and greek fire. I was a little bit shaken up from what I saw but now was not the time to dwell on it. It was insanely cold and my legs felt very heavy, even through the chains. Holly grabbed another iron chain and placed it around us. I got the skull out and saw its green mist form in the dark.

"Things are getting interesting eh?" it whispered in my head. The shape was starting to materialize and I could make out the faint outline of a girl with flowing dark hair and a hook shaped nose--my sister, Mary. Except my sister had nothing to do with this haunting as she was still alive and well which could only mean one thing--

"Lockwood! It's a Fetch!" I muttered. A Fetch? Why a Fetch of all things? And to top it off, there is also a Poltergeist in this house. This has got to be the worst haunting ever.

"You're right." I glanced up at Lockwood, worried. His face was pale and a sweat had broken across his forehead which is strange because it was cold. Very cold.

"Lockwood, are you okay?" I adjusted the hilt of my rapier. I'd never quite seen him like this.

"I thought I saw...never mind. Yes, I'm okay." he whispered quietly.

"Guys... I think you should pay attention here. The Fetch's moving." Holly cried. I glanced up at the ghost and saw that Holly was right. The Fetch had made its way towards us and had come to a stop two feet from Kipps' face.

"Okay, Lockwood. I'll distract this ghost. You need to go find its Source. It's the only way to stop it." I proclaimed. I needed a way to regain my confidence so it was natural that I'd be the one to volunteer. After I had left Lockwood and Co, my confidence levels had dropped quite a bit but now that I was back, I needed to prove to myself that I wouldn't make the same mistakes as before.

"Lucy. No. You can't be thinking of--" Lockwood started but I cut him off.

"Listen carefully. I also have something important to tell you. The person murdered here wasn't Morgana, it was Guinevere! They were twins! And she was murdered by Morgana with a knife."

After I'd said this, I handed the ghost jar to George and stepped out of the circle and held up my rapier. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Lockwood with a worried expression on his face but soon, that expression went away and I saw determination in his eyes. "We'll find it, so hold on." he whispered reassuringly in my ear.

I faced the ghost in my front of me who started making its way towards me. It could sense my distress and lack of confidence and saw me as an easy target. It had now turned into Lockwood. How this ghost could sense that part of me was beyond my knowledge. Lockwood was a part of me that was buried deep within my heart--something I will never share with the world.

"What are you seeking?" I asked the ghost. This was my go to routine. I would ask the ghost what its problem was and hopefully that gives me a clue as to what the Ghost's source is. Usually it goes very wrong. The ghost suddenly started shifting between two bodies, one of Lockwood's and the other was a woman with once beautiful features and long flowing brown hair though now it was withered. It was roughly standing, sorry, floating a foot apart from me. It whispered in my head "I seek..."

"Yes what is it? I can help you!" I urged it.

"I seek..."

"Tell me, ghost of Guinevere!"

"Revenge!" The ghost lunged at me. I let out a yelp and slashed at it with my rapier. Its sharp talons almost touched me when Lockwood came in front of me and threw a salt bomb at the spirit. It dissipated with a sizzle.

"Lockwood!" I gasped.

"Luce, did it touch you?" he asked. I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine," I said in a small voice. "Thank you. Did you find the Source?" I asked, still shaken from my encounter.

"Holly! George! Lucy and Lockwood! I think I found it!" Kipps yelled excitedly. He was bending down on the floor and a loose floorboard sat next to him. "Look! There's something in there!" he gestured with his hand.

"Well, I guess he found it. Come on!" Lockwood reached out a hand. I took it and jumped up. We walked towards Kipps and saw he was right. There was something metal glinting down there. "What do you think it is?" Holly asked.

"If my hunch is correct, it's probably a knife." I said. Suddenly, the miasma started building again and fear crept everywhere around us.

"L- Lucy!" George yelled.

Too late I realized the ghost had reformed and was standing right behind me.

"QUICK! SILVER!" I yelled. No, it's too late, I thought to myself. The ghost's hand was making its way to my throat and I saw Lockwood's charming face staring down at me calmly, as if he was just helping me stand up. Yes, it would be so much easier to take his hand and go to sleep. I would finally feel at home.

Then, I heard a voice.

"Lucy! Do I always have to save your skin? Even I can tell that's not Lockwood." the skull's whisper sounded in my head and the trance I was in broke. Just then, the ghost disappeared and the room felt lighter and happier. I turned around and saw Lockwood adjusting a silver net inside the wood. He had sealed the Source, therefore exterminating the ghost.

"T- Thank you Lockwood." I said in a feeble voice.

"Lucy! Are you okay?" Holly asked, concerned.

"Of course! This is an everyday thing with Lockwood and Co." I gave her a weak smile. My head was feeling quite dizzy though and I felt like I was going to collapse.

"No, Lucy! You scared me to death! If it wasn't for Lockwood's quick thinking..." George said, eyeing me warily.

"Yes. But nothing happened right? So that's good. Save your chattering for another day." Kipps murmured. "We've got bigger stuff to worry about."

"He's right. I was thinking...if this ghost is the one that Kipps saw and the one that played the piano was a poltergeist, to whom did the ghost I saw belong to?" Holly wondered aloud. My last thought was 'three ghosts?' just as everything went black. 

**Author's Note**

Thank you for reading! Plz vote and comment. 

I can't believe this book has more than 1K views now so as a special, I made this chapter extra long. Thank you so much for the support!

--Blue