Chapter 14

"Well, it said there were only two ghosts, so I think it must have been a person." Lockwood said, checking our equipment. "And I think I might have an idea of whom it might be." he added. Suddenly, the bookshelf started flinging books at us.

"Quick! Take cover!" Kipps yelled and hid behind the curtains with a vase in his hand.

"What's happening?" Holly yelled over the chaos.

"I reckon it's the bloody poltergeist again." George cursed as one of the books was hurled right at his face.

"Aaaaahh!!" Holly screamed as a monster of a book nearly crushed her face.

"Everyone! Calm down," Lockwood said in a clear, unwavering voice. "Remember, fear only makes things worse."

"Uh... Lockwood? I think they've gotten as bad as they could." I pointed at the bookshelf now swiftly rising steadily and preparing to be thrown at us.

"Okay. There's only one thing to do in a situation like this." Lockwood replied calmly.

"Panic?" Kipps asked.

"Run!" Lockwood yelled and dashed for the stairs.

He swiftly opened the door and waited for us all to go out one by one and stepped outside himself. Just as he closed the door, a loud thud sounded and the door broke in half. We raced down the spiral stairs so fast, every step made me dizzy. We reached the floor with the painting of the ship and we stopped.

"I think it's fallen silent now," Lockwood said. "And that's just as well because we need a bloody moment to figure out what the heck that was!" he added, panting.

"I'm quite sure that poltergeist is Queen Amberly's spirit. The servant girl that died here, it can't be her," George took a break, gasping for breath. "She couldn't have that much power just because she was ghost touched. Besides, the burial was taken care of properly. Every single piece of her belongings have been burnt in the Furnaces and her coffin is encased with iron. There is no way it's her." he finished.

"But didn't the same happen to Queen Amberly as well?" I wondered.

"Yes, but they couldn't have possibly burnt everything that belonged to her, could they? What if the source is the diamond? Did Mrs. Ravensdale ever mention where she kept the diamond?" he asked.

"No, I don't think so." I replied. Suddenly, I saw that Lockwood had disappeared.

"Huh? Where's Lockwood?" I asked.

"I don't know. He was right here two seconds ago," Kipps replied. "Where did he go now?"

"Lockwood? LOCKWOOD? WHERE ARE YOU?!" I yelled, racing down the stairs. My heart was beating very fast and panic crept through me. I was so scared I couldn't make sense of where I was heading.

Then I saw Lockwood. He was examining the place Holly had seen the 'third' ghost.

I ran to him and gave him a hug. I gripped him tightly and felt his hands hugging me back. I then realized what I was doing and quickly raced backwards. Lockwood was observing me with a wide grin on his face. I could feel my face glowing red in the dark.

"You idiot!" I hissed. "Where did you go? I was so worried!"

"I'm so sorry Luce. But that hug was worth it." he said in a teasing voice, still grinning.

"Yea, well, just don't ever do that again!! Got it?" I glared at him, through red hot cheeks.

"I promise, Luce."

"Well, what were you doing down here anyway?" I demanded, still mad at him. I could hear the footsteps of the others finally catching up.

"You remember that mystery third ghost? I think I just found out what exactly our ghost is." he said, his tone serious now.

"And what's that?" George asked from behind me.

"See that glint of metal on the other side there? That, my friends, is a projector. And I believe it's also our third ghost." he replied, ominously.

**Author's Note**

Thank you for reading! Plz vote, share and comment! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  I hope all of you have a great 2018 and I'm looking forward to this year  a lot! I hope my book gets even better than last year. I'm so sorry for doing such a crappy job on this book. I'll try and do even better this year!

Thank you for sticking around!

--Blue