Chapter 18--Final Chapter

"Hey, George? You got some of the iron chains? We need to tie up someone." Lockwood smiled.

What happened next was a total blur. I can vaguely remember Kipps calling the Department of Psychical Research and Control or DEPRAC for short. A few minutes later, I could hear Inspector Barnes knocking down the door and arresting Lisa.

"Morning, Inspector." Lockwood gave Barnes a huge grin as he was taking Lisa into custody.

"Turn off those teeth, kid. It's too early in the morning. Ms. Carlyle. Cubbins. Ms. Munro. Quill." Barnes nodded at each of us. "How you kids keep finding trouble is beyond my imagination." he grunted.

After that, the crime scene was all DEPRAC's and we were left to ourselves. Someone gave us some refreshing water and tea. My thoughts were chaotic. I was so happy that Lisa was a horrible person but then I felt confused as to why. I mean, it shouldn't be any more different as to when we found out that Fairfax was a murderer or when we realised Penelope Fittes was a selfish, backstabbing tyrant. So why was I so elated now?

"Lucy." Holly nodded at me and came over, causing me to come back from my thoughts.

"Hey, Holly." I nodded back.

"Are you okay?" I nodded.

"Are you glad Lisa turned out to be what she is?" Holly gave me a wolf- like grin.

"Wh- What? No. Why would you think that? Of course not." I could feel my face glowing red in the sunlight. Holly gave a little chuckle.

"Come on. I noticed how Lockwood gaped at her when he first saw her. Are you telling me you're not the slightest bit glad?"

"N- No. Lockwood can gape at whoever he wants. I don't care. It's not like he's my boyfriend." I blushed even harder.

"Hmm...whatever you say." Holly gave me a knowing smile and walked away, leaving me feeling very confused. Did she know my secret? Was it that obvious?

"Hey, Luce. Barnes says we can go now. The newspapers have everything they need." Lockwood smiled at me. I smiled back and headed towards our taxi.

The next day, the newspaper article was published.

A MODEL SCANDAL?

LISA RAVENSDALE, FASHION'S LEADING FIGURE, NOW ARRESTED AT THE HEART OF A HAUNTING

This news shocks all of London and leaves the fate of Raven's Charm in chaos

Inside today: An exclusive interview by A.J Lockwood and M.U Barnes

     Yesterday at night, when the ghosts reveal themselves, the well known agency, Lockwood and Co. was busy fighting the supernatural at Ravensdale Manor. The owner of this house, Mrs. Ravensdale who is a very rich businesswoman had hired them to get rid of "the horror in the attic" which is now revealed to have been Guinevere Ravensdale murdered by her very own sister Morgana. Mr. Lockwood revealed that Morgana Ravensdale wanted to be the successor of Raven's Charm instead of her brother, Arthur and sister, Guinevere. Morgana knew Arthur was going to give up the company to Guinevere after he died so Morgana killed Guinevere and Arthur and took the company for herself. Lockwood and Co, also discovered that Morgana had posed as Guinevere so that the public would think Guinevere was the one who killed everyone.

     Mr. Lockwood emphasized 'This wasn't very hard to forge because they were born twins. As all this happened in the 1890's, there is no way to get justice now.'