Coffee and Tea

I was still a little emotional seeing Alex, it's been a long time since I seen him. We both went to the same schools till after high school in Arizona. We got separated after high school because of our career choices, me wanting to become a professional broadcaster and him a professional baseball player.

I moved to LA and haven't talked to him since. He was actually one of my good friends in high school, we would always talk about baseball and some other sports. There was times where I had a lowkey crush on him, but I told myself not to crush on him because we wouldn't be friends if we broke up or he wouldn't like me back, so I stopped having crushes on him.

Now we are both here, in Los Angeles and after the game, getting a Statbucks that I owe him.

"Okay, I need to focus, stop thinking about Alex, he's just a friend" I said taking deep breathes

I opened my scorebook for this season and wrote in the starting lineup for the Dodgers

Chris Taylor SS
Curtis Granderson LF
Justin Turner 3B
Cody Bellinger 1B
Yazmani Grandal C
Yasiel Puig RF
Chase Utley 2B
Alex Verdugo CF
Clayton Kershaw P

"YAYAY DUGIE IS IN THE LINEUP!" I said quietly screaming. " I really hope he does well today, I believe he will do his first hit tonight" I said to myself

It was 5pm and I had to do a prerecord for the Game Preview against the Padres. I was honestly very nervous that I was either going to mess up or say the wrong players, but it actually went smoothly.

"You did really good for it being your first time broadcasting on TV!" Joe said.

"Thanks!  To be honest, I was very nervous but I just think there is no one here, only the two teams facing each other" I said while smiling.

This was true, this was the only thing that calmed my nerves, to not think anyone was here to judge, only to listen.

The game started and the dodgers took the field.

*Time pasts, the game is over*

I started packing up my scoreboard, Dodgers won the first game of the series and Alex didn't do his first hit. I started heading out and going to the Dodger dugout until I saw Alex walking out a little sad.

"Awww Dugie, you will do your first career hit tomorrow" I said while softly hitting his arm.

"I hope so" he said sadly

"Oh c'mon Dugie, turn that frown upside down, I'm buying you Starbucks remember"  I said laughing

He finally started to smile

"You dork, lets go before they close" I said while running outside of the stadium.

We got to his car which was 10 spaces away from mine

"Okay meet me at this one Starbucks" I said

I gave him the directions of a Starbucks and I hopped into my car, trying to leave Dodger stadium.

It took time to get to the closests Starbucks because it was a Friday night and it was wild in LA.

I parked and finally met Alex outside of the Starbucks.

"Hey, now let's get you your coffee, Mr.Big Leaguer" I said laughing, he was blushing when I called him that.

We ordered our drinks and waited for them to call my name.

"So how did the minor leagues treated you, Dugie?" I said, trying to start a conversation

"It was tough but it was all worth getting to the major leagues"he said while smiling. "How was college?" He asked

"I'm glad you didn't give up like some players" I said smiled. "Oh and college was tough as well, college math was a pain" I shook my head. Math did get to me at times.

"Jess Garcia" the bartista said

I stood up and got the drinks, he got his coffee while I got Iced Tea

"Iced tea at night?" He chuckled

"Yeah haha, I'm not a big coffee drinker" I laughed as well.

"Oh haha and oh shoot, I forgot to show you, Jess" he started pulling up his sleeves, it showed a two whole tattoo sleeves. I almost spat my tea

"Alex when did you do this and wasn't it painful?" I whispered in shock. I couldn't believe he got two arm sleeves but he lowkey looked pretty hot with tattoos so I didn't mind.

"I did them when I was Double A and the other in Triple A" he said.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to have 2 sleeves, it looks good on you" we both started to blush

We started to talk about other things like him going to Miami for the Futures Game and me broadcasting the baseball games in college. We felt like we talked for 30 minutes but it ended up talking for an hour.

"Hey sorry but Starbucks is closing" one of the workers said nicely.

We walked near the exit and threw away our empty cups in the trash can. The September weather was here and you could feel on your bare arms.

"I regret not bringing a sweater" I said shaking because of how cold it was.

"Be right back" he said, he was jogging to his car. He grab a blue sweater from his car.

"Here" he said smiling, handing me his sweater.

"I can't! It's your sweater" I said in

"Your freezing and I don't want you to get sick" he said worried

"Awww thank you Dugie" I said in awe. I went up to him and gave him a hug. While I was hugging, I felt my heart was going to burst out. I decided to put on his sweater and saw "Verdugo" and below it "27" on the back of his sweater and on the front it had the OKC logo. It felt a little big but it was warm.

"I see you like ..."
*Beep beep beep*
My alarm went off and saw the time
"Holy shiz its 11:30" I said with wide eyes, I should be home asleep.

"Oh crap, I have to go to sleep, I have a game tomorrow" he said worried as well.

"Thanks again for the sweater, I'll give it to you tomorrow!" I said in a rush.

"Keep it" he said smiling. We were walking to our cars that were parked close to each other.

"See you tomorrow Dugie" I said waving

"See you tomorrow Jess" he said smiling

I opened my car door and closed it. I sat there and tried to proccess what has happened these couple of hours. I couldn't believe I broadcasted ny first dodger game and had coffee with a baseball player and he gave me his sweater. I started the car and drove home from a long special day

Wow, I'm pretty lucky I thought to myself

~~~~

A/N I hope you guys like this chapter and sorry I wrote so much, I got so used to writing a lot😂