Sunday Games

I wake up at 9:23 am because today was Sunday and every Sunday was a early game of either 12:45pm or 1:10pm and today was going to be a 1:10pm game so I had an extra hour to get to the stadium. I got up, took a shower, brushed my hair and teeth and tried to look for a good outfit for today.

I looked through my closet and found a good outfit. A blue sleeveless top and black pants that hugged my legs and black platform heels.

I made myself a smoothie and grabbed my keys and I was off to go. When I locked my door, I got a message from Alex.

Dugie💙
Have you left your apartment already?

Me
No, I haven't. Why?

Dugie💙
Can you give me your address? You need to ride with me, it's a surprise

Me
Okay then, it's 2678 Steven Street
Read✓

I waited 18 minutes till I saw Alex's car. I walked over to his car and was in shocked that he would pick me up.

"Hey Alex" I said while going inside his car.

"Hey Jess" he said, he kissed my cheek and started driving.

"Does anyone know we are dating?" I said a little worried. I didn't know if it was bad to date a baseball player on the same team as yours.

"No, but we have to have to keep this a secret from the guys, they'll probably make a big deal out of this" he said

"Okay" I said smiling.

We stayed quiet for a little time, we didn't know what to say, it did felt a little awkward at first but then he started the conversation.

"Do you have anything to do after the game?" He asked

"No, what about about you?" I said

"Good" he said smirking.

"I'm getting nervous, Verdugo" i said laughing a little

"Don't worry about it too much" he said, plastering a smile. He always looked cute when he smile and I noticed that I kept starring at him for a little longer.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" Alex said then winked. This was a Alex I didn't know, I thought he was innocent but I guess not. I started to blush a little hard.

"Wow okay I see you Verdugo" I started to laugh, I didn't know what to do, I was a pretty bad at flirting.

Next thing we knew, we were at Dodger Stadium, after we parked, it was 10:15, I really hoped he wasn't late because managers can get mad if their players are late to bp or just late in general.

"Okay Alex, you need to go, you are going to he late and its only your third day" I said a little worried.

"Don't worry babe, I'm not going to be late" he said, he nudged my arm. I felt a little paranoid but I just let it go for a while. When we went inside, I took a deep breathe and walked in with a little nervousness.

We walked to the Vin Scully Press Box and he gave me a kiss good bye and said "Good luck"

"Right back atcha!" I said smiling. I went inside and got all my notes ready and finished putting in the lineup card just in time to do the Game Preview.

After the game

Dodgers won and I just finished packing my things and I got a text from Alex

Dugie💙
Me me near the clubhouse

Me
Okay :)

I started walking to the entrance to the clubhouse and wait for Alex outside. He came out and hugged each other and we started to hold hands and swinging our arms slowly.

"Where are you going to take me Alex?" I said, remembering what he said earlier.

"It's a surprise" he said

"Fine" I sighed. I really wanted to know where he was going to take me but he isn't going to break.

We got inside the car and we exited Dodger Stadium.

"At least give me a hint?" I asked

"Nope, sorry babe" he said smiling.

"Wow okay" you jokingly roll your eyes

"We'll get there in probably 10 minutes" he said

When we finally go there, I was in shocked.

"A Mexican restaurant? Damn Alex, you know how to treat a girl well" I said. He knew Mexican food is my all time favourite out of all my favourite foods.

"I have to know, we've been friends since forever" he said smiling. He was so gosh damn adorable.

We walked into the restaurant and got seated quickly.

"Hi my name is Maria and I'll be taking your orders. What would you two like to drink?" She said

"I'll like to have a Horchata please" I said

"Make that two" Alex said after me.

"Okay, I'll be right back with your drinks" Maria said.

Once we got our Horchata, we both order tacos de carne asada.

"Nice catch today by the way in left field" I said. It was honestly a good catch, he dove to get the ball that could've been a double.

"Thanks, but that kind of hurt though" he laughed

"It probably did" I also giggled.

"Awww you have a really cute giggle" he said in awe

I started to blush like a tomato, no one really complimented on my laugh,it was new.

"Aww really? Thanks" I said while blushing. 

Our food finally came and once we were done eating, he paid for the food.

After he paid, we left and he started the car.

"Want to go to my apartment?" I asked

"Sure, we both have nothing to do" he said

While we were getting to my place, my favourite song, HUMBLE . I started humming the song and jamming out to the bop. He was was also jamming out as well which was pretty cute.

We finally got to my apartment and the song was finally over. I opened the door to my apartment and put my keys on the counter.

"So, do you want to watch a movie?" I asked while going to the the living room.

"Yeah sure" he said

"What movie do you want to watch?" I said turning on my tv and trying to find a movie on Netflix.

"Whichever is fine" he said with a smile

"Okay then" I said finding a good movie, I finally found it and put it on.

"Oh my god.. Beauty and the Beast? I remember you used to watch it all the time!" Alex said in awe

"She's hands down the best Disney princess, Mulan and Tiana are pretty high up there too" I said laughing because I used to be obsessed with Disney movies.

The movie started and I was so excited to watch my favourite movie with my favourite person.

I ended getting some what tired and started laying my head on Alex's shoulder and I wrapped my arms on his and it felt like heaven. It was 8:35pm and my eyes were starting to close and so were his and we both ended up sleeping

~~~~

A/N
So that's the chapter that took me a weel to write! I was trying to make it all cute but I think I failed miserably. I hope you guys like it :')