Super Star △ Actor! Lance x Waitress! Reader

word count: 3168

----

You wiped your dirty hands on the white apron of your uniform. You were working at one of the many places you were employed at, in an effort to support your struggling family. With no mother in the house, you were forced to take up the role at an age too young.

The theme of the restaurant was of an 80's diner, so your dirty uniform only added to the look. You pulled out a pencil and notepad from your uniform's pocket, walking up to a table with a particularly gorgeous looking man in blue and his equally attractive friend in yellow.

"You look a little too good to be here, what can I get you?" You asked, preparing to write their orders down. The shades that covered their eyes blocked you from seeing their expressions, but you took their orders anyways. Strangers and old fellows passed through here all the time, wanting to feel one last moment of nostalgia.

"Can I get uhh. . . one strawberry milkshake and one of Shiro's special steakburgers?" The man in blue asked, as if he were not sure what he wanted. "I'll have a homemade strawberry lemonade with a chicken pot pie please!" The handsome man in yellow answered.

"Alright! Anything else I can get you?" You asked, sticking your pencil behind your ear. It was apart of the 80's aesthetic, but you didn't actually mind it. The man in blue lowered his shades, revealing his piercing blue eyes, "Your number?" He gave you a sly wink.

You snorted and rolled your eyes, "If you buy me dinner first."

"That can be arranged, beautiful," He informed, but a small bell ringing caught your attention. "Sorry, I have to go," You replied, walking back to receive an order from Shiro. He smirked once you saw the look on your face that screamed "I am so embarrassed right now, please use your big meaty claws to kill me, Mr. Krabs."

"You do realize that you just talked to the Lance McClain and Hunk Garrett?" He asked, an amused tone in his voice. "Uh-huh," You answered, pinning the order from your notepad to Shiro's order line.

"The two famous actors who work on the show Voltron?" He asked, head resting on his hand that leaned on the metal counter. "Yeah. I know, Shiro." You grabbed the two meals and dropped them off at their designated tables, before heading back to work on the drinks for the stars in the restaurant.

You got to work on the strawberry lemonade first, pouring the pre-flavored drink into the cup, then drizzling the syrupy strawberries on top. "And the Blue Paladin of Voltron asked you out on a date, right?" He pestered, as you worked on the drinks. "Yes! But you know I can't go, I have two other jobs to juggle. I don't have time for a date."

You made the milkshake as fast as possible, before grabbing both drinks and heading off to their rightful owners. "So, Hunk, how are you and Keith doing?" Lance asked his best friend. "Good, good, good. Our ship name is strawberry lemonade now," Hunk answered, a smile on his face.

Lance put his hand over his mouth, "No way, that's so cute! Is that why you got a strawberry lemonade?"

"Yes," Hunk clarified, "It reminds me of us, the little strawberries remind me of his not-so-pretty red jacket. And the lemons are me, his boyfriend who lovingly accepts the little strawberries."

You handed their drinks to them, "I'll be out with your food shortly! Thanks for waiting." With that, you walked back to Shiro, who had another order ready for you. "Allura can handle your shift," Shiro pitched in. "Really?" You questioned, bewildered, "I mean, she has her own fill of shifts too! I wouldn't want to burden her."

"Just give them their food, [Name]," He chuckled as he slid two plates of food to you. You grabbed their plates before they could slid from the counter, then headed off to their table. It was going to be a long day