Chapter 7

Aaliyah's POV

James lead us out of their home, through the forest to a white building which was clearly the pack hospital. My sisters and I sat down in the waiting room. Blake, Zac and Kaine sat on the other side of the room while James went off to find the pack doctor.

He returned a while later, followed by a middle aged wolf in a doctor's uniform.

"Hello Blake. Zac, Kaine," the man said.

He wasn't using titles so James must have told him we were human and that we didn't know what they were. Which was wrong.

"James already explained the situation to me. Come girls."

We followed the pack doctor as he lead us through the hospital. We passed a room with a surgical table inside.

My mind went back to that one day five years ago. I wouldn't call it the worst day of my life since being able to shift into an Arctic Fox was amazing and more of a gift than a negative thing. My mind relived the moment the guard punctured my skin with the needle and injected me with whatever was in the syringe.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder that sent sparks running through my body. James.

"What happened?" he asked. "All four of you spaced out at the same time."

I saw the other three guys with their hands on my sisters' shoulder. I knew the same thing that had went through my mind had also went through theirs.

'It's nothing,' Sora signed, clearly hoping they would understand.

'If it happened to all of you at the same time, then I think it's something,' Zac signed back.

Our eyes widened.

'Why do you know sign language?' Constance asked.

"Our uncle, Zale's dad, was deaf so we learned it to be able to communicate with him easier than writing out sentences all the time," Kaine replied. "How do you know it?"

'Zale taught us after the thorns were sewn into our necks,' Astrid answered.

"Why do you work for him? And how did you meet him?" Blake asked.

They still think we work for that f*cktard? I said.

Apparently, Astrid responded.

Can I slap them? Constance asked hopefully.

Let's do it, Sora said. But I don't know if that's the best decision.

We each slap our mates, Astrid added. But I feel like something bad is gonna happen. But hey, what's life without a little risk?

We didn't answer Blake's questions. Instead we each turned to face our mates and gave them a sharp slap. They stepped back slightly, surprised.

Then their eyes darkened and anger clouded their features. From what I remembered of what Zale taught us, their black eyes meant their wolves had taken control.

We should have expected what happened next.

Kaine's POV

I was fighting my wolf Damian. I couldn't blame him. My mate had slapped me. But I guess I couldn't really blame her either since she had no clue we were mates.

I could sense my brothers' wolves pushing through as well. James' wolf was Bane. Zac's was Fallon. Blake's wolf was named Xan. Our wolves hated being disrespected and they sometimes allowed their rage to blind them, which is what was happening now. I knew Blake would have the hardest time restraining his wolf, with him being Alpha and all.