Chapter 12

Constance's POV

The guys lead us back to their house.

We were all silent but I could tell our mates where mind-linking the whole way.

Astrid still hadn't talked or communicated and I was starting to get worried. She kept her gaze on the ground as we walked, her arms crossed in a nervous way.

When we got there, I saw something draped in a black cover waiting for us.

"What's that?" Sora asked.

"I got it for my mate," James replied, looking at Aaliyah.

He pulled the cover off, revealing a bright red motorcycle.

"Cool," Aaliyah breathed. "A Gooichi Ducati 1098."

"Well?" James asked, "do you like it?"

He really needs to ask that? Sora mused. She's wanted one for years.

Aaliyah went over and started examining the motorcycle. She scoffed. I could see it was fake but if you didn't know her well enough, it would seem real.

"No, I don't like it," She said.

James sighed. Just how gullible is he?

"I love it!" Aaliyah cried.

James looked up. He had a huge smile on his face. He went to hug Aaliyah but she smacked his hands away.

"No touchie," she scolded.

"Fine," James grumbled. "For now."

"Come on, we still gotta give the our mates their gifts," Zac said.

Sora squealed - actually squealed - with excitement.

We went inside, leaving Aaliyah and James outside since Aaliyah wanted to try out her new motorcycle.

My sisters and I sat on the couch.

"For my mate," Kaine said.

He picked up a box wrapped in a beautiful winter-themed wrapping paper and handed to me.

I opened the box to find a pair of figure skates.