Chapter 8

Constance's POV

We were just talking, using our voices for the first time in five years. Being able to sing once again, it's amazing. I know Astrid thought we would never be able to talk or sing again. She can pessimistic, seeing or expecting the worst with a lot of things.

Then I smelt a scent similar to the one that I'd been smelling for the last five years.

Rogues.

They poured out of the surrounding trees. They formed a circle around my sisters and I. We immediately took fighting stances.

Seeing this, the rogue who appeared to be the leader growled.

We can take them, I said, using the mind-link instead of speaking out loud so that the rogues couldn't hear us.

Yeah, we took on the Alpha, Beta, Delta and Gamma, in a small one-on-on. Together, we can take these dogs, Sora added.

We should try to draw them away from the pack house in case we need to shift, Aaliyah replied.

Let's do it, Astrid said.

Not needing a countdown and moving as one, we ran, charging towards a section of the circle of rogues. For some reason, they parted and we ran past them, away from the pack house.

I heard the sound of footsteps running after us. Good, just what we wanted.

After a while, we stopped running, being far enough away from the pack house.

Immediately, Sora shifted. She lunged at the closet rogue. All of them seemed shocked seeing her shift so they probably thought we were human.

Really Sora? We could have fought them without shifting! I said.

Too late now, Sora replied.

Well know they're gonna know what you are! Aaliyah added.

So now maybe they think Sora's a werewolf. At least we might be able to lie our way out of this to our mates and keep the secret of what Astrid, Aaliyah and I are.

We started fighting.

I heard a growl and looked to see four wolves joining the fray. One black, one maroon, one blonde and one white with traces of the faintest blue. Our mates.

Soon, all the rogues were either dead or running away.

Blake turned and growled at Sora, who was still in her animal form. Sora growled right back, causing Blake to growl louder. This time, Zac growled back, stepping in front of his mate. All four of our mates' eyes fogged over, showing they were mind-linking before the eyes of Blake, James and Kaine widened.

The four werewolves turned in the direction of the pack house and started walking. It was a few seconds before they realized we weren't following them and they looked over their shoulders and gave us a 'well, are you coming?' kind of look.

Sighing, we followed them. Sora shifted back as we walked.

We made it back to the pack house, which was surprisingly empty. Blake, Zac, James and Kaine went in and disappeared, remerging a while later in human form, fully dressed and looking slightly angry. I guess they now know we know they're werewolves.

My sisters and I sat on the couch again. The previous Alpha and Luna and Jacob were where they were before. Our mates stood in front of us this time, looking at us.

"Why didn't you tell us what you are?" Zac asked.

"What do you mean?" Sora answered, pretending not to know what he was talking about when she was the one they saw in animal form.