III (grayson's point of view)

The next class we had together was music and for the first time, I was having so much fun and got so engrossed with the instruments Miss Bev gave us that I didn't notice the bell ring until she bid us farewell. I must admit, that was the most fun I've had in a while. Rose and I exited the room in bundles of laugher, our cheeks tinted red.

We calmed down a bit as we were walking back to our lockers but I was still grinning like a fool. Rose was just so much fun to be around, there was just something about her that seems comforting.

Rose was suddenly guided against the wall by a guy wearing a jersey, the then placed his hand just beside her face. Anger plunged through me as the guy leaned in and smiled down at her.

"Why, hey there," He grins, "haven't seen you around before." Rose stared straight at him, frozen due to the events from the other night. Still, she looks less frightened then I expected as she crossed her arms and scoffed at the guy in front of her. That, however, did nothing to discourage him as he tried getting closer. That did it for me as I placed my hand on his shoulder and forcefully turned him around.

"Leave her alone!" I spit, pushing him backwards.

"And who's gonna stop me, n-" He was broke out from his words as I lay a punch on him. He staggered back with a shocked look on his face. I took Rose's hand and walked away from the scene. Rose let out a sigh and turned to smile at me.

"Thank you, Dick, but I could have handled myself." I smiled back at her.

"I know."

We both got some things out of our lockers and walked to the car park where Alfred was waiting with one of Bruce's vintage black cars. Rose gasped at the slick sports car but I just rolled my eyes, typical Bruce Wayne. It was almost shocking to remember that this guy lays punches on all of the most dangerous criminals in Gotham.

"C'mon." I grabbed her hand and entered the door Alfred was holding out for us, mumbling a 'thank you'. But Rose insisted in introducing herself, which of course allowed Alfred to pass me a sly wink as she turned to get in the car.

As we arrived in Wayne Manor, Rose started taking in every detail possible. Her excited stance made me smile at her as she pointed out the littlest things that caught her attention. At that moment, she was beautiful. There's no point in describing how perfectly her caramel hair fell across her back, or how her face was glowing due to the sun, or how her grey eyes were shining with every new discovery she made. Because none of it mattered when I was the only one who could see all of that. She was there, she was beautiful, and she was with me.

I didn't notice that by the time I had stopped staring at Rose, the car was parked and she was looking at me, waiting for me to get out. I smiled awkwardly and slipped out of the car, holding my hand out for Rose. We walked to the entrance of Wayne Manor and I led her to my room, which was upstairs, near the 'bat' office.

"Bruce is working in the office," I told her, "there are more but the only one that I am allowed to use is the one downstairs. No matter, though, we'll work in here." I gestured towards my room and quickly looked over it to check there was no sign of 'Robin' anywhere. That would have made for interesting conversation.

A few hours later, Rose and I were laying on the floor. Rose was clutching her stomach as her hearty laughs filled the air. She had tears forming in her eyes while mine were already escaping. Our textbooks and laptops were long forgotten and we had our snacks scattered on the ground. My room had turned into a complete mess, I don't even remember the last time I had time to do anything in this room other than sleep, so the mess was very welcoming. Rose suddenly sat up, wiping away her happy tears.

"Oh no!" She exclaimed, making me sit up with a ghost of a smile on my face.

"What?" I ask her with concern.

"I completely forgot that I was going to have a night in with my brother, both of us don't work tonight. I'm so sorry, Dick, I have to go." She stood up and started packing her laptop and a few textbooks in a hurry, with me helping organize our mess. It was just as she was picking up our scattered snacks when I stopped her, telling her Alfred would pick it up later. She instantly refused and cleaned up with me helping her. Once we finished I offered her a ride on my motorbike.

"Yes, thank you." She agreed, smiling gratefully at me. I then decided I loved her smile, it was like jumping into a cool pool in a hot day.

I led her to Bruce's collection of motorbikes, showing off the impeccable taste Bruce and I had when it came to motors.

Rose excitedly grabbed a helmet and jumped on the seat, wrapping her arms around me. I silently cursed myself as a wave of butterflies went in my stomach. I shook my head, securing my helmet and turning on the engine. We raced towards her house, but before I could make any right turns, I remembered I only knew her address as Robin so I asked her before I made the turn away from the ally.

As I parked in front of her building, Rose and I got up. Before she grabbed her things from the inside of the bike, she hugged me from the side, smiling gratefully.

"Thank you for today, Dick. I had a lot of fun."

"No worries, Rose, I had a lot of fun too." I tell her lamely. "Would you like to do it again sometime?" 

"Defiantly!" Rose exclaimed and gave me a wave goodbye, turning to walk into her apartment.

I shook my head at myself as I hopped back on my bike. I've gone damned soft for this girl, both Robin and Dick alike.