V (grayson's point of view)

As soon as the police arrived to take Poison Ivy and her henchmen, I started aimlessly walking away from the scene.

My bike was squashed because of a table that was flung out the window and my communications were down due to the kicks I received. I was in a lot of pain when I noticed that Ivy's lab was really close to Rose's apartment. After debating with myself, I started to make my way to the building.

I arrived soon enough with my back bent due to indescribable pain from my ribs. I hesitated to call Rose's number when the guard asked me who I was here for, but did it anyway.

After a few minutes, Rose came outside looking confused but as soon as she saw me, it melted into worry. She ran to my side, thanked the gate guard and led me towards the elevator. She still didn't say anything as she held me up with one arm and searched me for my worst wounds, worry etched into her face.

As we arrived at her door, she twisted the handle and we walked towards the kitchen. As we passed the lounge room, I saw a passed out man on the couch. Boyfriend. I thought bitterly to myself. Rosalyn must've seen my face because she smiled and quickly corrected my thought.

"Brother"

Rose sat me down on a stool high enough for her face to be directly in front of my stomach. She then walked over to the first aid kit and placed a towel under the tap before walking over to me once again. The kitchen was dimly lit and I could just make out the worried face of this beautiful girl as she lifted my shirt to examine my left rib.

She poked around and I winced every time and every time I showed a little bit of pain, Rose would look at me apologetically and extract her cloth. I wasn't used to being pitied. I knew Bruce cared, he just never pitied me and Alfred always treats my wounds with no emotion.

"I'm glad to say, Boy Wonder, that your ribs aren't broken but they are badly wounded," Rose started off, "how did you get these anyway?" She asked as she finished cleaning a cut I had on my arm.

"Let's the say that these bad guys aren't really known from 'taking it easy'." I chuckled, ignoring the pain once again, and I could just about trace a ghost of a smile playing on her lips.

This moment between us, with her taking care of me and me being so damn vulnerable in front of her, it killed me. I don't know how to act with her being the one saving me this time around. This girl was killing me softly and she had absolutely no idea. But what was I doing? One villain gets a wiff of this and there could literally be a flashing sign on her head saying 'kidnap me'.

"There," Rose said as she finished bandaging my arm, "all done."

"Thanks, Rose. I owe you one." She looked up and smiled.

"No need, think of this as repayment for saving me those last two times." Rose laughed as I hopped out of the stool. I turned to leave, grabbing Rose's hand with me as I went so she could come with me to the roof before I would see her again as Dick.

We climbed out from her window to the top of her apartment building where the sky was already dark and the starts started to come and I turned to Rose, noticing that she had never looked more beautiful than this moment. I debated with myself on what to say next.

Do I risk it? Can I risk her?

Thats not my decision to make, she was an equal part of this. But at the same time, she had no idea what sort of trouble she could get into just by being seen with me, Robin and Dick alike.

I suddenly gained a shot of confidence, if she didn't want this to happen, then it wouldn't but I had to try. I don't know where the confidence came from but I kept repeating to myself; twenty seconds of courage. That's all I need, twenty seconds.

20

I stepped closer to Rose, we were almost touching.

19

I placed my hand on her cheek.

18

She sighed.

17

I leaned forward, our noses a millimeter away.

16, 15, 14

"You know something?" I asked her softly

13

"What?"

12, 11, 10, 9

"You're heck of a lot prettier than Poison Ivy." And with a rush of adrenaline, I kissed her.

Suddenly, the seconds didn't matter anymore as I placed my hands around her hips and her hands went around my neck. I leaned her back so her hair fell off her shoulders and her brown locks fell behind her like a curtain. As we fell into a rhythm, I noticed how her lips tasted like red velvet, which made me never want to pull away. Once we separated, Rose and I were both panting but we had smiles stretched on our faces.

"Promise you'll visit me sometimes?" She asked me, still half panting from the kiss we shared.

"I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other around." I say mysteriously as I jump from her rooftop to the ground below, ignoring the screaming pain from my body. As I run and jumped from roof-to-roof, I couldn't help letting out a happy cheer and heard Rosalyn laughing in the distance which made me speed up with the adrenalin I still had. I can't believe it. I kissed her.

I finally kissed her.