VI

Once Robin left, I was completely at lost on what to do with myself. I just stood there, alone on top at that roof, staring blankly at the sky with the past events simply repeating themselves through my head.

Being with Robin was so, completely breathtaking. It's as if the clock stops and time moves as slow as possible when he's standing by my side. And the taste of bitter danger lures me in towards him even more. I know I should be scared about the people trying to hurt him by either going through him or through others, but the thought that we're always running is kind of exciting.

I shook my head, my brown hair flying everywhere. I can't think like that, danger was bad for a reason. But why am I even overthinking this? He could have just done this in the heat of the moment, it doesn't mean it meant anything to either of us.

I laughed at myself, whom am I kidding? That feeling he gave me every time I saw him, especially the breath-taking emotion I felt when we were millimeters apart was something I never felt before, and something that excited me to no end.

As I climbed down to my bedroom, my thoughts fell back into check. I may be impulsive, but I'm not insane. I know nothing can happen between us until there's trust, and right now he needs to keep his secret safe and I need to start taking care of myself.

I looked at my clock and noticed that it was only seven thirty so instead of getting ready for bed, I decided to cook something for when my brother woke up. He can't stay asleep forever, can he? 

I started cooking Xander's favorite food just as a treat for sleeping for eternity. As I finished setting the meal on the plate for myself, I heard a loud thud from the lounge followed by a grunt.

I ran to check out the noise in a panic until I saw my brother on the floor with his hand pressing against his head. I leaned on the doorframe and stared at him for a while, amused.

"Good," I checked my watch mockingly, "night, Sleeping Beauty."

Xander looked up and glared at me for a while before breaking into a smile, tried to stand up using the table for support and walked towards me with his arms open.

"Hey, lil' sis."

"Hey, Xander?" I questioned at his suspicious greeting.

"I missed you, Rosie." I looked at him with eyebrows raised and gave out a light scoff.

"You were passed out for more than twenty four hours, Xan." I stated, "there is no possible way you could have missed me."

I untangled myself from my brother's arms and looked up at his tall frame. I couldn't help but note that his shirt was different from this morning and how his eyes weren't slightly red like it usually was when he woke up but decided to ignore it.

"Dinner's ready, Xan."

After my brother and I finished our dinner, I decided to go to bed so I could be fresh for tomorrow. Xander said he would stay up for a while and I don't blame him. I mean, if I slept for nearly two days, I would be wide awake.

As I lay in bed, random, uninvited thoughts started popping into my head. My eyes were wide open while I thought over every single detail in my life, or more importantly, the two people in my life. In the span of three days, I've already met the two most amazing people. Dick, the soon-to-be best friend I know I'll always be able to count on and Robin, the wonder boy who I can't help but feel attracted to.

I know it's stupid to already have feelings for the Boy Wonder but the more I try to push my feelings down, the more they want to retaliate and bite me in the ass.

As the minutes I lay awake turned to hours, I finally got up and made my way to the kitchen to get myself a drink of water. But I never expected to come across the scene I saw, and the sight that fell upon me shocked me to the core.