75 Days

It's been seventy-five days since I last cut myself. The idea of cutting has now become a memory. A collection of sweet nothings, placed in a box, at the back of my mind.

Two things happened today: I got my P plates and I'ms due to attend my first party.

The popular and party animal Zen, decided to throw a party in his home, because his parents were away for the weekend. I, the responsible one, was against it. But in the end, Zen pulled me over to the dark side, telling me to live a little.

I leave the house at six thirty, with Chloe arm in mine. Together, we make our way to Zen's house, with smiles plastered on our faces. To be honest, I'm more excited, than petrified. When I told mum about going to the party, she looked at me with glazed eyes, before returning her gaze back to the dark window. She has taken to doing that regularly. Her features are slowly disintegrating. Streaks of mascara are her new signature style, and cracked lips have replaced the once plump area of red lipstick.

Dad was too busy watching the footy to care.

Chloe clutches my arm tightly, once we arrive at Zen's parent's place. I suppose this is her first party as well. As soon as we enter the building, we are both taken aback by the sight before us. A DJ stands in the corner, playing David Guetta. People around us eat, drink and dance. Flashing lights fill the place and men in stylish suits walk around with plates of food.

A few moments later, Zen spots us in the crowd. He rushes up to both of us and tells us to just let go and have fun. He also makes sure to congratulate me on getting my P plates. As he scurries away, Chloe tells me she hopes he drinks a lot of water tonight, because he's sweating profusely. I agree.

We both grab some nibbles to eat and soft drinks to drink, before seeing Hollie and Zen, dancing the corner. We play a small game together, spotting people from school. We even see Markus, the guy who is petrified of answering questions in class, break dancing in the middle of the dance floor.

After a while of standing around, I take Chloe by the hand and together we dance to the beats of Nicki Minaj, The Pussycat Dolls, Taio Cruz, Usher, Pitbull and other artists I don't know. Chloe dances like a professional on the dance floor. Her curly hair bounces on her shoulders as she moves, her sequin dress sparkles under the light and at times, she throws back her head and laughs at our dance moves.

It's then I take a step back and realise that maybe, everything is starting to turn out right for me.