BLURRY

CHAPTER ONE

All she could remember as the beginning of her life was sleeping next to her lovely mother in a cuddly way. She felt save, loved, protected and rich. Her mum loved her and that was all that mattered.

Why she was awake, she didn't realize till she suddenly felt the need to ease herself. She woke her mum up from her sleep, though she regretted it but it was necessary if she wasn't going to wet the bed as she hated herself for always doing that and hated the way her mum would scold her sometimes also her siblings would laugh out loud with teasing words which were annoying and embarrassing.

''I want to piss.''
Her mother said nothing but went straight to the other room where her five children were fast asleep. The room served also as a storage room. A cupboard filled with cups, plates, forks, spoons, two buckets and other household necessities were kept a corner.

Her mother picked up the burning lamp that was reduced to a minimum. She raised it to her face and increased it for a better viewing. She brought out a bowl underneath the bed and little Ngo, as she was fondly called, quickly squatted into the bowl and relieved herself. Her mother pushed the bowl back under the bed as soon as she was done and they went to snuggle up back in bed.

Living in a three room and a parlor with her six kids. The other room which was used as a kitchen and a shop where she sold provisions. She managed her late husband's shop at Kakuri. He was a business man. He sold electrical appliances.
Those days, she would follow her husband to his shop so she knew how he handled customers and the goods as well as the profit and loss books.

Mama Uka as she was called by her neighbors made it all look quite simple. She was loved and admired by them (her neighbors) Uka, a girl. Her first child was intelligent, hardworking, fair in complexion and beautiful. She was simply a carbon copy of her mother Their pointed nose was to die for.

It was hard those days to spot a Nigerian with a pointed nose.
Kaduna, which is the Northern part of Nigeria is a very hot state. Filled with Muslims and though there are Christians and other faith as well.

Kaduna is more of a Hausa speaking state and all of Mama Uka's children could speak it except for her very last, Ngozichukwuka. Who was still a little kid was chubby and got her mother's complexion but was a chip off the old block. Everyone could tell especially their neighbors who would always point it out whenever they saw her outside with her mum or siblings or when they poke their heads inside their home to console her most times when they heard her cry.

The next morning, it was time for school. When Ngozichukwuka woke up, her siblings were all ready for school and were having tea for breakfast. They didn't have their bath that morning as the queue for the bathroom was long, and they didn't want to be late so they did what always worked for them; washed their faces and legs with only water.

The bathroom ground was cemented and the door was a zinc, there was no roof top. The toilet was next to the bathroom. A local system toilet was built. It was a small hole and you had to really squat to get it in, wipe yourself clean with a newspaper or any paper, throw it in, get a bucket filled with water and pour inside to flush. Tissue papers weren't really a thing then as nobody that lived around that area was rich enough to purchase one. It was a 'face me, I face you compound' but with a gate lucky enough for them.

Ngozichukwuka and her mum usually bathe together especially in the mornings. Mama Uka, tying a wrapper on her chest strolled to the bathroom and discovered that nobody was there. She called out to her daughter, who quickly made for the bathroom utterly naked. The neighbors weren't outside to mock and laugh at her running naked as everyone was busy inside preparing for work and or still fast asleep.

Bathing with her mum was always a delight. Mama Uka would first bathe her and let her out or let her stay till she was done but that morning she let her out. Uka immediately dried her wet body and helped her prepare for school.

Minutes later, they were all ready to head out for school. Their mother gave them some coins for transportation and snacks as they went off.

More chapters to come. Thanks for reading, Joy. ❤️❤️❤️

*Follow, Share, Vote and pls Comment  ya thoughts, I'd appreciate it💋
😎