OH! PAPAYA

CHAPTER TWELVE

Nothing of this sort had ever happened before, but the last time it did, Ngo was pathetically sick and so it was perfectly comprehensible.

Uka ran up and down the school. She was really sweaty and felt disgusted.

  ''Where could the mop be?'' She asked no one in particular.

Her mind went back to Miss Titi, who made her heart to nearly come off her delicate chest.

  ''Uka! Uka! It's your little sister Ngo. Come quickly! Come quickly!'' Miss Titi intruded the ongoing early morning Maths class Uka was receiving.

  ''Miss Titi. What about her? Is she fine? Tell me. What's happened to my sister?'' Uka felt queasy and frightened.

  ''She's vomiting heavily. You need to come with me at once.'' Miss Titi grabbed Uka's hand as they left and Mr. Gbenga, the mathematics teacher looked disturbed.

Uka was in too deep in her flashback, that she didn't notice when water was poured on her.

  ''Gosh!'' She screamed in the most total shock way.

Miss Anna never expected anybody to be out and about at that time. Everyone was supposed to be in their various classes. So she absentmindedly poured water from a bowl through the window of her class.

  ''Oh no. I'm very sorry about that dear.'' She apologized.

Miss Anna was just about to eat her breakfast which was tuwo and kuka soup whilst her pupils were busied with the class work she'd given them so she'd washed her hands from the bowl.

Miss Anna was a substitute teacher for only a whole week. She made a plan after great consideration to be more productive during break hours. She desired strongly to finish up all her lesson plan before it would be time for her to resign as the substitute teacher for primary two class.

Her hunger to impress the school's headmistress, Mrs. Ahmed who was her aunt and the zeal to prove that she wasn't incompetent as her family thought was extremely high. She was only 20 years of age and had finished her university.

When Uka left the classroom, Mr. Gbenga knew the students were terribly distracted.
  ''Alright now! Let's pay attention to this simultaneous equation.'' He yelled to bring back the focus of the entire class to the blackboard.

  ''Ewww sir. Somebody vomited. How can we not think about that right?'' Zara said.

  ''Uarghhh. I feel like vomiting too.'' Said Isaiah the sneezy boy. Isaiah always resumed school with a snotty nose.

  ''Shut up, snorts. Nobody asked you and don't you dare do such in here because if you do, ohh you'll clean it all up with your long whitish tongue.

The pupils like to make fun of Isaiah. He was the lanky boy who was always sick.

  ''Shut up Zara. If the poor kid wants to throw up, let him.'' Said Rashed.

  ''With all due respect Sir.'' Rashed continued. I think this maths class should be adjourned after all, your preferred above other pupil isn't here and you really want to move on without her? Come on Mr. Gbenga. Let's just chill out. Tell us a joke or tell us how you decided that of all professions, you'd become a teacher. It'd be boring but hey, we wouldn't mind that at all since it's better than maths right guys?'' Rashed's mischievous smile graced his face.