Chapter 16

Harry Potter shook the exhaustion off his body the best that he could as he got home. Lyra had been kidnapped yet there was nothing he could do but wait. He'd never felt so helpless. Hermione, Ken, and Blaise were trying to find the culprits' intentions and next move. Harry's best aurors were trying to follow the magic trail best they could but Harry had another job. His job was to find out the inside man. He was the only one with enough authority to do so. There was no way that the people who had kidnapped Lyra were working alone. The Ministry was too fortified for that, it had to be someone that belonged... and it would be Harry's job tomorrow to figure out who that was. Someone who looked tired, guilty, worse for wear, or maybe too pleased with themselves... He was too lost in thought to see the figure standing in the hallway. He almost ran into his son.

"Where's Lyra?" James Potter angrily asked having overheard his mother and grandmother harshly whisper to each other. The only things he caught was Lyra and danger.

Harry blinked. "James?"

"What happened to Lyra?" the child did not waiver.

"Son, I think its past your bed time." Harry tried, doing his best best not to wince and give anything away.

"Where. Is. Lyra Malfoy?" James said punctuating each word- his eyes narrowed.

Harry sighed. He saw this coming but he was hoping he had until morning. Why did his son have to get this stubbornness from both him and his wife.

"James," Harry squatted to be eye level.

The kid raised a brow so Malfoy like- Harry couldn't help but think his son maybe spent too much time with Draco Malfoy. "We're going to find her, I promise that nothing will happen to Lyra. All of my best men are on it, as if your Aunt Hermione." He did his best to be vague but assuring.

James' eyes widened before he took off in a run. It took Harry a few good seconds to register what just happened and then a little while longer to stand back up, giving the youngster plenty head start. He ran after his son into the living room and saw just in time for James to throw the floo powder down and yell Aunt Hermione's house. He groaned as he was too late. This time he yelled out loud. "Why me?!" Teddy was not this incorrigible!

Hermione immediately heard the chime that notified them of an incoming floo. However nothing prepared her for her godson to stumble out of the chimney. "James!" She said before going to her quite ashy and smoke smudged godson in his hippogriff pajamas. She was only able to fuss at him for a moment before brown eyes peered up at her defiantly.

"I'm going to find Lyra,"

Despite her anxiety and near tears, Hermione smiled before hugging his small body. "I know you will, sweetheart."

James nodded, thankful his aunt understood him.

"Do your parents know you're here?" She asked, concerned.

"Well dad was running after me and heard me announce your house," He shrugged.

"Oh dear," Hermione muttered before hugging the boy to her again. Lyra wherever you are honey, know we are looking for you, all of us, and we love you, and we will find you. Hermione prayed.

It looked like tonight was going to be a very long night indeed.

-!-!-

Draco was both surprised and not surprised at all when he found that his living room was now taken over by the Potters and several Weasleys and one Lupin. A sea of red hair made it hard for him to locate his wife immediately.

"Draco!" Teddy yelled as he was the first to spot Draco.

Heads turned his direction and Hermione made her way to the front. She gave a relieved sigh to see that unlike last time Draco saw his father, he was not sporting any kind cut. Hopefully the same could be said of Lucius Malfoy, as according to Colby, he had sported a black eye for a good two week even with magic helping it heal faster.

All the commotion immediately died upon the appearance of the person who just floored in right behind him.                                                                                                                                                         

-!-!-

Lyra came to groggily. Her lashes fluttered but it was for naught. She was blind folded. Lyra went to reach for the blind fold but her hands were bound in front of her. Her legs however were unbound.

"Look, the little imp's awake," a man's voice said. "About time."

"15 shut up, don't engage the prisoner."

"10 get a hold of your wand, she's a little girl. What do you think will happen if we tease her a little bit before getting to the good stuff."

"10" as he was called, just muttered arrogant under his breath. "Fine, get the blood now before I have you reassigned."

Lyra's breath hitched.

15 unsheathed his knife, almost wanting to lick his lips. He'd been told to get a drop or two of blood from the halfbreed when she was asleep so they could open the Malfoy vault. They had everything but the funds to support their cause and what better way to get that money than to rob a blood traitor. The most famous one of them all.

"I could've gotten the blood from you when you were sleeping but I so like to hear my prisoners scream."

Lyra gulped as she fought the urge to scream and cry. Where was Mum? Where was dad? Or Uncle Blaise and Harry? She was so scared.

"Scream for me little imp." The man breathed, his breath foul against Lyra's ear as he grabbed a hold of her trembling hand.

Gathering up her courage, Lyra Malfoy looked up, chin raised, squashing all her fear and hiding it from her voice. "My father will hear about this!"

15 growled as he pressed the knife to her vein. Lyra let out a small cry to his immense satisfaction. Lyra immediately pursed her lips so she would not cry out again. She got a hold of herself and mustered her most angry and matter of fact tone that her mother was quite famous for. "And my mother will put you away to the deepest, darkest corner of Azkaban, where you will never see the light of day, until the day of your funeral." She said before kicking up her foot and catching the man off guard, his knife nicking his bicep as it flew from his hand.

"Why you little brat!" The man lunged at her, his hands going to her throat as a trickle of blood ran down his arm.

"No Immobulus! 15, do not kill her! She is our ultimate hostage!" 10 immediately casted the spell before his partner could jeopardize their mission.

-!-!-

I will be hosting a All Hallow's Eve one shot writing competition. A message was posted on my board and sent to all my followers. If you are interested, please check up on it or PM for more details. At this time I am trying to gather my other four judges. Three positions still open if you are interested. Please make sure to read details on my board. Prizes will be awarded!

Picture is as close as I imagine Lyra looking like. Malfoy eyes, Granger hair...