Chapter 4: Do NOT play cards with Remy!

*Time skip to the institute*

(READER POV)

There was a cloud of smoke, and we arrived at an infirmary. I clumsily sat down on a bed, and another blue person arrived at my side. There was some hurried conversation, then I felt a furry hand on my forehead. I groaned, only half awake. As i drifted into unconsciousness, i heard a gruff voice say; "Let's patch you up now."

*Time Skip*

I woke up on the same bed, but my side was now healed up, and the cut on the side of my face was too. I managed to get in a sitting position, with a lot of groaning. I looked around the infirmary. There were at least 7 beds, if not more, with little trays beside them, holding various medical equipment. In the corner, there was a large desk, laden with medical and scientific equipment. Sitting in the chair was a skinny man in a lab coat. His hair was brown, he wore glasses, and he was inspecting a vial of what I assumed was my blood. "Hello (F/N)! My name is Hank McCoy, and welcome to Xavier's school for the gifted!" I'd say he shook my hand, but he about crushed it. He had an extraordinarily strong grip for someone who was so thin.

"Uh, what happened to the blue fuzzy guy?" I asked. "And the, less fuzzy blue guy?" Hank chuckled quietly. "Well the fuzzy one, i try to keep him in check." He winked. "As for the less fuzzy one, he should be here any moment now. He wanted to get your things." I straightened, causing a ripple of pain through my side. Hank rushed to me. "Ah, (F/N), not the best idea!" He held my shoulders, gently pushing me back in the bed.

"Now (F/N), i know you like your things, but I need you to listen." I groaned, aching to explore. "Okay," i said. "What do i need to hear?" Hank grabbed another small vial, this time filled with a sickly green fluid. "I ran some tests on your venom, and they are very interesting. While your serpentine form is that of a tiger snake, you venom is that of the inland taipan's. Your venom also has acidic properties, which is truly extraordinary." Hank began to talk about some genetic formula thing, yadda yadda yadda, until he mentioned the X-men. "The X-men have been here for a while, me being one, but now we teach classes here at the institute. It's similar to what you would get in public school, but with classes on how to control your abilities, how to fight, and so on." I held up my hand, signaling for him to pause. "Hold on, you mean the X-men are real? Like, my childhood heroes?"

Hank put the vial of venom back in it's stand "Yes, we are very real. We try to keep a low profile, but most of the time you can see us on the news." I shook my head in confusion. "Uh, no. I've only heard of you guys from the stories my parents would tell me as a kid. That would explain why I've never seen my parents watch the news though." Before Hank could say any more, a boy about my age appeared in a cloud of smoke, holding my backpack.

" Hello (F/N), are you ready for zee tour?" He had a German accent, which caught me by surprise, so it took a second to understand him. His tail flicked to the side, knocking over a stack of papers. Hank rushed over to their place and moved them to the other side of the desk. "Careful Kurt! These are important!" He chided. Kurt's tail flicked downward, and he put his three-fingered hand on his face. " Ah Hank, I'm zorry! It vas ein accitent!" Hank just sighed as he put the documents back in place. "It's fine Kurt, just be extra careful in here. Why don't you take (F/N) on the tour now? I'm sure she's ready." Kurt and I both nodded.

"Alright! I'm ready to go!" Kurt helped me up, and let me put my arm around his shoulder in case I fell. I tried to walk by myself, and carry my bag, but Kurt insisted. " You are hurt (F/N). I don't vant you to schtrain yourzelf. I vill carry your pag, und ven you get petder, zen I vill let you carry your ovn zings." We smiled and laughed as Kurt took me around campus. He also explained the history of mutants, and introduced me to several mutants around campus. First, there was a large, gruff man named Logan who had a healing factor, plus a metal skeleton and claws. After that we met Remy Le Beau, who could charge inanimate objects with explosive energy. Kurt took me to the side after our chat with Remy.

" (F/N), I chust vanded to varn you. If Remy asks you to blay ANY card kame, zay nein. He is called "zee king of zieffes (thieves)" for ein reazon!" He seemed so serious about it, I just had to laugh. We sat down on a bench so I could take a break. "I'm sorry Kurt, you were just so serious about it, and the laugh just came out of nowhere!" I said, still laughing. Kurt just chuckled, and smiled. " It is okay (F/N). I like your laugh, it is fery cute." After realizing what he said, he blushed and looked away. " Um, I mean, it is fine! I meant to zay you are fine! Zat's vat I meant!" Kurt finally calmed down, but he was still blushing madly. I grabbed his three-fingered hand. "Kurt, it's okay, we all have our embarrassing moments."

          (Another chapter done! This was meant to be an experiment for Kurt's accent, so please tell me in the comments below if you like how I did Kurt's accent, and if you have some ideas about stuff I can do! Have a great day, and see you in the next chapter!)

    (P.S, I can't believe this already has 40 reads! Thanks so much!)