Chapter 3:

September 17th, 1961
I didn't know what to do. I sat in the windowless room for what could have been minutes, hours, or even weeks. I know that he would come in once or twice a day. Always when it was dark out though. I could see the night sky as he opened the door, letting the breeze in. He was tall, with broad shoulders and dark, almost black, eyes. He had unruly black hair, that was kept at a length of about two to three inches long. He's only spoken to me a couple times, but his voice was a deep, booming voice that commanded attention from all who were around. Today was different. He came in, and instead of seeing the black, starry night, I saw the bright sun of day. I scrunched my eyes up in response to the bright of the sun. The second thing that was different, was that today, he wasn't alone. A man walked in with him. He looked like he was in his forties, with chestnut brown hair, hazel eyes, and a clean shaven jaw. He was all-in-all, a very attractive man. The new guy turned to my captor and said, "Why is she on the floor, Jackson? Get her up. And untie her. I don't think she could do much damage." The guy Jackson came over and untied me roughly, before grabbing me by my arm and yanking me up. He set out three chairs, and I sat in the one closest to me. The man and Jackson sat down.
"Okay, Ronda. Here's what's what. I'm Mason. You have something that I need. If you cooperate, there will be no need to hurt you."
"And what if I don't?" I asked boldly. He smiled a grin that said he'd been waiting for me to ask this very question.
"Well, if you don't, I am going to cause you a lot of pain." He leaned in smiled menacingly. He was so close, that I could smell him. He smelled like coconuts, fresh cut grass, and mints. "Now," he said, "would you like to continue this peacefully, or..." he trailed off, not needing to finish his sentence. Whatever courage I'd had previously, was gone now.
"Okay," I whispered quietly, "what do I have to do?" He smiled again, and told me the plan.
"Now, Ronda, do you think that you can handle this?" I couldn't believe it. His eyes flashed as I hesitated.
"Yes, Mason. I promise that I won't fail."
"You'd better not." With that, he left the room, leaving Jackson and I alone. Jackson tied my ankles and wrists again, leaving me alone on the floor, in the dark room.