Chapter 6:

January 5th, 1962

Never in my wildest dreams had I thought that this would happen. Never. Not once. If you had told me two days ago that I would meet a guy who was good looking, and maybe thought that I was good looking too, I would have laughed at you. Scoffed. In fact, I probably would have told you that you're a complete and utter idiot and walked away with my chin high in the air. Now look at me I'm getting excited over a guy. A guy, who five minutes ago, had called me asking to take me out. Surely, if it was any guy, it would have been some hotshot detective, or maybe an FBI agent, but no. This guy, Mr. Wright, was a lawyer. There is nothing wrong in being a lawyer, but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would meet a lawyer, nonetheless take me out on a date. This may sound as a shocker, but I have never before been on a date. My mother died when I was seven, and my father was always very strict with me. He died when I was seventeen, too old to go anywhere, too young to know what to do in life. I've never had siblings, and now I don't have much in the way of friends. I had one problem though. I had no clue what I was supposed to do on a date. I gathered up my courage, and walked out the door, up one flight of stairs, and knocked on apartment number 17. A young woman answered the door, and looked surprised to see me standing on the other side.
"Hi, Sherry," I said nervously, "Would you please help me get ready for a date?" Sherry looked confused for a moment, then it dawned in her what I had just said. Her face slowly split into a huge grin that went ear to ear. She grabbed my arm and yanked me into her apartment, nearly dislocating my shoulder in the process. 
"Okay, darling. What do you want your look to be? Sweet and innocent?" she asked, "Maybe flirty? Or powerful?" Sherry has a Texas twang. She was originally born in Texas and moved to New York when she was 13. Now she is 23. She has bright red hair with dark blue eyes and freckles that dotted her nose and cheeks. We've never exactly been the best of friends, but I hope that maybe I can change that.
"I'm not really sure," I said nervously, "In all honesty, I've never been on a date before. I'm not excatly sure what to do, and I didn't really have anyone to ask except for you." Sherry's face turned shocked, as though I told her that I had gills.
"YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ON A DATE?!" she screamed, "I know just the look for you!" She ran to a room in the back, what I assumed was her bedroom and came back out a few minutes later with curlers, a stack of dresses, and a large black and white chevron bag.
"Let's go," she said before disappearing once again into the hallway. I followed the sound of clattering and saw her sitting in her bedroom, but unlike mine which just had a dresser, she had set up a while vanity area. She gestured me to the chair in front of the vanity, and I sat down. She immediately began putting my hair in extremely small curlers. After she got my hair all the way up, she began on my makeup. After what felt like seven hours, but I'm actuality was only an hour and a half, she was finished with my makeup. She turned me around and I saw my reflection in the mirror. My lips were cherry red, and bright in contrast to my pale skin. My eyeshadow was gold and peach colored that brought out the hazel flecks in my eyes and made my green eyes look bright. She took my hair down and framed the curls around my face. Then Sherry began to go through the large stack of dresses.
"Which one do you like the most? I have this black one, or the red one. I also have the blue and purple one. You know what, just try them all on." She shoved the large stack at me and I grabbed it. I walked to where she gestured the bathroom was supposed to be, and balanced the pile on my leg as I opened the door. I set the dresses down on the sink and plucked the one off of the top. It was a black dress with a scooped collar. It went down to about midthigh, and was extremely tight. I walked out and showed Sherry.
"Well," she said, "it definitely has more of a sexy look to it, but that's not the look that were going for tonight. Next!" I went back in the bathroom and grabbed the next dress, which was a light yellow number with a sweetheart neckline that went to about my calves. That one was rejected, too. Next I tried on a red one, a midnight blue one, a gold one, a hot pink one, and a teal color, all of which were rejected by Sherry. Then I tried on a forest green dress with a V-neck that exposed the tops and sides of my breasts. Overlaying that, was a small square of lace that somewhat obscured the view. The sleeves were slightly set off of my shoulders, and showed my neck.  It went down just below my midthigh, and delicately hugged my curves. I opened the door and saw her pacing the small area of the hallway before she looked at me. Her eyes popped open and her mouth dropped ever so slightly as she took in my appearance.
"My dear, you look absolutely perfect," she told me. I spun around, feeling like a princess. A princess that will kick your butt if you mess with me, that is. I smiled.
"You only need one more thing," Sherry said.
"I do?" I asked nervously.
"Yes. The perfect shoes, and the perfect bra."
"That's two things," I said to her, slightly laughing.
"Oh well," she said before running to her room and coming back with a strapless bra and a pair of shoes. I slipped into the bathroom and put the bra on and came back out as she dangled the shoes from her fingertips. She handed them to me, and I went into her bedroom and put them on. They were green, and had a small strap that was adjustable and has a bow on them. They were about two-inch heels, and gave me a small boost in height. Since I wasn't very tall, five feet and on a and a half inches to be exact, I had always loved the way that heels had made me look taller. The only problem is is that I hate wearing them. I walked out of her bedroom and spun around. I pulled my hair back out of my face and said, "Well? What do you think?"
"I think that any guy who wouldn't like you is a complete idiot," she said. I smiled at her. Now I just had to wait. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6:47. Daniel said that he would be at my apartment at eight. I am so nervous!
Right then Sherry said, "Okay so since this is your first date, I figured we could go over some etiquette. What do you think?"
"Sure. Do you want to go to my apartment and wait for him so that we can hear if he comes a little early?" She nodded, and began walking towards the door with me following.
"Okay," she said as we reached my apartment, "so first things first. You always want to cross your ankles, never your legs.  Then you should shouldn't gulp your drink, always sup. Remember to not eat too much, but don't look like you barely eat anything. Basically keep it simple. One more thing that is very important, try not to discuss too much buisness, money, politics, or anything of that nature." I raised an eyebrow, and gave her a disapproving look. "Men tend to dislike it when women show that they have anything but the goodies, if you know what I mean by that." She raised her eyebrows suggestively, and I let out a little laugh as I realized what she was hinting at.
"Sherry, I really want to say thank you," I said to her, "You have really helped me out today. I know that we haven't excatly been the best of friends, but maybe we can change that?" Sherry looked happy, excited, even.
"Of course! You have no idea how happy I was when you came to me for help today! I was thinking, 'Eeek! Maybe we can become friends!' Now look, we have!" I laughed again at how excited she was.
"So what about you?" I asked Sherry.
"What about me?" she replied skeptically.
"I mean is there anyone special in your life? Any handsome suitors that have swept you off of your feet?" Sherry's face went crimson as she spoke. "Well, there is this guy named Mason. He is really sweet and good looking. His eyes are hazel, and he is built. Not like a huge lifter, but I can tell that he works out."
"Oooh, Sherry, I think that we might just have ourselves boyfriends!"
"No!" She said, laughing at my words with pink still stretched across her cheeks.
"Oh, come on! That would be so funny!" I told her. She laughed and shook her head before picking up a little throw pillow off of the couch and playfully tossing it at me. I caught it and threw it back at her. Just then we heard a ding-dong sounding through the apartment. Sherry looked at the door, then looked at me with a mischievous smile spreading across her face. At the same time we both jumped up and raced towards the door. My heels prevented me from getting there in time. She yanked open the door and smiled sweetly at Daniel.
"Hello, Daniel. I'm Sherry, Jenny's friend. I have heard so much about you!"
"Hello, Sherry. I do believe that I have a date with Jenny tonight." I pulled myself up, shooting a death glare at Sherry and straightening my dress. Daniel glanced at me, then looked back at Sherry before looking at me again. His eyes widened, and he opened his mouth as if to say something, before closing it again. I felt a small blush creep up my neck and onto my cheeks. I smiled shyly at home before saying, "What do you think?" I spun around for him, and his eyes raked the newly recognized curves of my body.
"You look beautiful, Jenny. Absolutely gorgeous." He looked at me, eyes filled with adoration. I smiled and studied him for the first time. He was dressed in a black tuxedo with a black tie. His hair was slicked back, and his blue eyes shone brightly out of his face. I could tell that he had just shaved, as I could faintly smell his aftershave. The tuxedo was slightly tight around his shoulders and arms, showing off his muscles. He looked handsome, in a classic way. He smiled at me, mischief glinting through his eyes as he cleared his throat. I realized that once again, I had been caught staring at him, and had ignored what he had said. I blushed again.
"You know," he says, "for such a brave and smart woman, you sure are shy." I blushed again, before raising my chin and saying, "Well I was just about to say that you looked handsome, but now I might take that back." I smiled at him, before he glanced at Sherry again. I had totally forgotten that she was here, and smiled at her. She shot me a look that clearly said, Get out of here!
"Well, let's be on our way then, Daniel." I told him.
"Let's," he agreed.
"Bye, Sherry. I'll see you later," I said.
"Goodbye, Sherry," Daniel said.
"Bye, you two." We all walked out, me and Daniel going down the stairs, and Sherry walking up to her apartment.
"You really do look handsome," I told Daniel earnestly.
"Thank you, Jenny. You look marvelous." I smiled. I could already tell that this was going to be a good night. He led me to the passenger side of a blue Chevrolet Corvair, before opening the door for me.
"Thank you," I told him. He smiled at me, and then shut the car's door. he got into the drivers side and started the car, turning on the heat.
"So where are we going?" I asked him. He smiled a mischievous smile, and pulled the car out of the lot. He didn't answer my question, just drove silently, both hands clutched to the wheel and smiling. After about thirty minutes, he pulled the car into the parking lot of a restaurant called Outcrop Resevoír. When I first looked at the place, I felt my breath hitch in my chest. The walks were made entirely of glass, giving me the view of inside. There was a large chandelier hanging from the ceiling, which was made of oak. There were large beams placed carefully throughout the restaurant to support the ceiling that were decorated with mini paper lanterns. The booths had maroon felt stretched across to make the seat. Daniel laughed at the expression on my face, before walking around the car and grabbing my hand. He gently led me towards the front entrance and opened the door for me, before going up to the man and saying, "I have a reservation for Wright. Daniel Wright." The worker said in a deep and calming voice, "Yes, Mr. Wright, your booth is this way." He led us towards a booth in the back and then set two menus on the table. I sat down on the seat, feeling it cushion me.
"This place is amazing," I told Daniel.
"I'm glad that you like it. I had to look forever for a place that would be marvelous enough for a woman like you." He smiled playfully, but his eyes said that he wasn't entirely joking. I smiled and picked up the menu, looking for something that I could eat for the night, and Daniel did the same. I finally settled on honey garlic chicken. My mouth watered just looking at the picture, which was included in every item. As I set my menu down, I noticed Daniel watching me with his hands folded in front of him, and his eyes a deep, stormy blue. I blushed and looked down at my hands under the table. I felt a warm hand lift my chin up, and I met Daniel's eyes.
"Don't look away," he tells me, "you are the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen." I smiled and felt my face go a shade darker. Daniel chuckled a low and deep chuckle that instantly put me at ease, and then dropped his hand and leaned back. Just then, the server came back.
"Have you two decided on what you would like?" He asked Daniel and I.
"Yes we have," Daniel answered, "I will take a Les Arques Ma Vigne Cabernet Sauvignon, and a honey garlic chicken." The waiter nodded, and turned to me.
"I'll have the same please." He nodded again, and gracefully hustled over to where I assumed the kitchens were at. He came back about fifteen minutes later with our food. I could feel my mouth lightly watering just by looking at it. He set our food in front of us, and said, "Dinner is served," before turning around and walking off. Daniel and I grabbed our forks and began eating. Let me say this right now, this meal was absolute heaven on Earth. It was sweet and tangy at the same time. I could taste a squeeze of lemon juice, brown sugar, and warm, sweet honey that flowed down your throat. Apparently Daniel thought it was amazing, because he let out a low, throaty moan that I instantly loved.
"Do you like it?" I asked him.
"Like it?" He says, "This meal makes me think of a home-cooked meal around the fire type thing. Something that is so marvelous, that you can't quite describe it with words. That aren't enough words to express how happy they make you." He stared at me and gave me a look that said that he was not talking about the food at all. I felt my face heat up as the realization of his words struck me, and he let out a low, throaty laugh.
"Finish your meal, Jenny. After this I have somewhere else to go." I nodded and began eating and sipping on my wine, which was slightly sour with a sweet twist at the end. It was wonderful. Daniel and I made light conversation for the rest of the meal. The waiter came back with the check and Daniel paid. Such a gentleman.
"My lady," he said as he offered me his arm and escorted me out of the restaurant and to his car.
"Thank you, Mr. Wright." I told him in an amazingly accurate English accent.
"Of course, madame. Never would I forget something as lovely as you," he said back to me in an equally as good accent. I smiled and he got into the drivers side.
"Buckle up, Jenny. It's going to be a long ride." With that, he started the engine and drove out of the parking lot, out of the city, and far away from what I knew.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Okay guys, big thing here! Jenny's first date! There will be a part two to the date, so don't be afraid! You will get the rest of the story!

So what do you all think about Daniel and Jenny? Is this all bad good thing? Let me know your thoughts guys!

Super sorry for taking so long to update, but I have been beating my brains out to come up with content that's good and wasn't awful and rushed!

Thanks for reading, and please remember to vote, comment, and everything else!