Chapter 7:

January 5, 1962

After about an hour and a half, we had finally reached the mystery location. We had left the city's limits about 45 minutes previously. Wherever we were, it was beautiful. The sky was alight with beautiful pinpricks of light that are the stars. A small sliver of the moon shone bravely out of the black sky, giving off little light. Daniel walked around the car and opened the door for me.
"Thank you," I told him. It was cold. Most of the snow has melted already, but the temperature was far too low for my liking. Since I had been in a bit of a rush to get away from Sherry when I had left home, I had forgotten to grab a coat. I shivered as the wind picked up, sweeping across my face and legs.
"Cold?" Daniel asked me.
"A little," I admitted.
"Here," he says, "Maybe this can help." He pulls off his own jacket and wraps it around my shoulders, before standing in front of me and buttoning it up as I slipped my arms into the sleeves. I watched him as he finished buttoning the coat. He placed his right hand on my waist, pulling me closer to him and his left underneath my chin gently.
"Jenny Roberts," he whispered lowly, "you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met." I could feel my heart racing in my chest as he leaned in. My eyes fluttered shut, and I felt his lips gently being placed on mine. We moved in perfect synchronization as I was pulled closer to his chest. Since he was taller than me, I went up on my toes a little to help him out before wrapping one arm around his neck and placing the other in his hair. He pulled back looking slightly disheveled. My hand that had been entangled in his hair slowly traced down his cheek and jaw line. I felt him lean into my touch.
"Come on," he said, "It will only getting colder tonight and I don't want you to get sick." He released my waist, but wrapped my small hand in his. He led me on a small trail that I hadn't even noticed before. We walked for a few minutes, tingles shooting up my arm where he was touching me. After a whole, he stopped and walked behind me before covering my eyes with his hands.
"It's a surprise," he whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my neck. I began walking blindly, with Daniel right behind me.
"Stop," he told me. I stopped. He slowly drew his hands away from my eyes, and I gasped at the sight before me. We were in a forest. Before me stood a pond with a little creek running into it to form a small waterfall. There were rocks surrounding the pond. The pond itself was magnificent. The inky black water reflected the sky above and the trees. The small amount of moon that shone through lit up the surface of the water. I water closer and saw my reflection, followed by Daniel's.
"Do you like it?" He asked me with a small degree of nervousness in his voice. I turned around and saw that he was closer than I had originally thought. I stepped backwards and slipped on a rock. I began falling and expected to feel the icy water hit my skin, but it didn't come. I looked up and saw Daniel holding my waist. he pulled me back up and into his chest, which was reverberating with his laughter. I looked at him, cocked an eyebrow, and said, "Is something funny?" His shook his head, still chuckling at my clumsiness. After a while, his laughter died down. I realized that I was still pressed against his chest and stepped to the side, careful with where I placed my feet.
"What is this place?" I asked him.
"It's called Hope Falls. It used to be my mother's, before she passed on. Now it's mine," he said. His eyes told me that he didn't want to talk further into the subject, so I let it go for now.
"It's beautiful." He nodded in agreement, the only thing that showed he had heard me. He had a faraway look in his eyes, and his mouth was pushed down into a frown. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his arm.
"Daniel?" I asked cautiously. He looked down at me, and smiled a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.
"Tonight has been amazing. The best first date that any girl could ever ask for," I told him.
"This is your first date?" He asked me shocked. I nodded and felt a blush creeping onto my cheeks.
"Well I'm glad that it could be with me. Come on, let's go back before you freeze," he told me. I bravely laced my fingers through his, and when he didn't pull away, I took that as a sign that it was alright. He began walking back to the car, with me walking beside him. He opened the door for me, and I got in shivering at the coldness of the seat. He reached the drivers side, started the car, and pulled out of the small lot and headed towards the large glare of light that was New York City. I leaned my head against the window and stared out at the beautiful landscape that's was in front of me. Before I knew it, I had drifted off to sleep.
"Come on. Wake up, sweetie. We're at your house." I picked my head up from the window and rubbed the sleepy out of my eyes before looking at Daniel. I raised an eyebrow and said, "Sweetie? Really?"
"Do you not want me to call you that? Is there something else that you would rather have me call you?" He asked.
"No, sweetie is fine. It's just I didn't think that you would be the sweetie type of guy."
"What so you mean by that?" He asked me confused.
"Well you seem so big and tough. I just never pegged you as the sweetie type of guy. Maybe more of a baby or something, but not sweetie. Let's just go." I told him. He nodded and got out. I followed, and we began walking up the steps. He slipped my hand into his, and glanced over at me to make sure that it's okay. I smiled, and he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. As we reached my apartment, I turned to Daniel and said, "I had fun tonight. I hope that we can do it again."
"I'm glad that you had fun," he says, "and we will most definitely be doing this again sometime. You know what else we will be doing again?" I shook my head ,and he said, "This," before leaning in and kissing me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I felt my feet leave the ground. I wrapped my arms around his neck so that I wouldn't fall, and deepened the kiss. He pulled back breathing heavily and set his forehead against mine.
"You are some lady," he said before setting me down. He smiled at me, turned around, and walked off.
"What about your coat?" I yelled down the hallway.
"Keep it, " he said and continued walking, "looks better on you anyways." Then he went down the stairs and out of my sight. I sighed and put my head against my apartment door before reaching into my purse and getting my keys. I walked to my room, slipped my shoes off, laid in my bed, and covered up with the nights memories playing over and over in my head.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Okay, guys! First kiss! What even, right?! Well now we have a little romance in the story to heat things up!

Speaking of heating things up, what about Jenny and Daniel? Comment and let me know your thoughts on what all should happen!

Thanks for reading! Please remember to vote and comment! Thanks!