Chapter 4:

January 3rd, 1962
As a detective, it was my duty to make sure that the scene was properly photographed and all possible clues were examined. I checked the dpor, window, and other metal objects for fingerprints. I didn't find anything out of the ordinary, except that there were some places where it looked as though nobody had ever touched it because they were completely clean of fingerprints. This was odd, because the oils on people's skin stuck to metal. Like if you eat a really greasy food, then touch glass you can see your fingerprints. It's almost as if...
Then I had an idea. I took a magnifying glass, and looked closer at the parts that were free of prints. There are streak marks. Marks that show that somebody was trying to wipe something away. Luckily for me, and not them, was that I could still get prints off of the area that was cleaned. I learned at college how to do it. I went to my office and grabbed my bottle of baby powder and a makeup powder brush. I went back into the office and put a little bit of baby powder in my hand. I lightly sprinkled it onto the metal. I then took my brush and very gently wiped it back and forth on the window frame. Three sets of perfect fingerprints appeared on the sill. I carefully photographed these, and then crossed off each area that was to be investigated. I photographer Walter's body, then I went to the phone in my office and dialed his wife. It rang. And then again. And again. Then she picked up.
"Hello. Mrs. Masons speaking. Who is this, and how may I help you?" She said.
"Hello, Mrs. Masons. This is Jenny Roberts, from Walter's office. There has been an incident down here..."
"Oh my. Has Walter been found? He hasn't been home for about four or five days. Have you seen him?"
"Yes we have, Mrs. Masons. I feel like we had better talk in person. Can you please come down to the office at 1:30 tomorrow?"
"Um... yes I can. I'll see you then, I guess, Jenny. Thank you. Bye-bye."
"Goodbye, Mrs. Masons." I hung up the phone and breathed out a breath that I hadn't realized that I'd been holding in. This part, was by far one of the worst parts, is having to tell the family about them passing. No matter how hard I may have it, Mrs. Masons has it so much worse. Her and Walter had five children together, the youngest being three, and she would have to tell them that their father passed on. Or more accurately, was murdered. Something that Mrs. Masons said didn't quite add up though. She said that she hadn't seen Walter for four or five days? He had been at work only three days ago. Plus he would have had to been there last night because I found the coffee. Why would someone have just went in there and spilled coffee on his floor for no reason? Plus he had dropped off the papers in my office for me to do. Why do that if he didn't want them done? Unless...
I quickly ran back to his office and looked around, looking for the files that I had finished and left in his office the previous night. They were gone. The coffee had been cleaned up, too. Things around here were getting stranger and stranger...

_______________________________________

Guys, I am SO sorry for the late update! I know that it's no excuse, but high school is a lot harder than I had originally thought it would be! Especially with three churches, two clubs, cheerleading, and Shakespeare class! And guess what?! This weekend, I'm going to the Renaissance Festival in Kansas City!! I am so excited! Things just keep on getting stranger and stranger though, huh? Please leave me comments, votes, and always message me if you have any ideas for a story! Thank you all so much!!!