chpt.2

Felix's p.o.v

We all peered down at a tiny infant that seemed no older than 4 months old, tossing and turning in the blankets. As I stared down, Something inside me stirred that I couldn't quite place, something that forced me to pick up the fragile being before me, something that urged me to protect you.

I quickly reached into the crib and pulled you out, gently huddling you into my arm.
You still wailed, clearly malnourished and horribly underweight. Your eyes were dull, your gums were starting to look a pale pink color. You were even hardly producing tears as you cried.

"Felix?" Alec questioned me, looking from me to you.

"Hm?"

"Are you ok? Your eyes turned black for a moment."

"Yeah Alec im..... fine."

I whispered, You slowly started to stop your crying, seeing as you were being held finally, your eyes slowly closed and you pulled your tiny fists back into the blanket. You're eyes fluttered a little bit. I gently rocked you back to sleep as soon as you stopped crying all together.
I looked around your room, looking for anything that could atleast give me an idea on who you were and other bits of important information and maybe some food.

"Guys? Im going to need your help here, we need to figure out who this baby is and the birth date."

"Also" Nessie butted in. "Are you keeping the baby? If so then your gonna need to buy a few things first, like, food and diapers and all that fun parenting stuff."

I paused for a moment, She was right, she was definitely right! Im going to need so much just for you. I sighed and continued searching the drawers for a clean diaper and anything that I could possibly feed you with untill we bought proper formula and any indication of your identity.
I found a small file with baby feet and tiny hand print all over it in a dusty pastel yellow drawer. Looking into the file, I found your certificate it had your name, and birthday on it.

'So your only 5 months old then, much older than I thought'

Alec and Nessie both started to help me look for more items. Alec found a stack of diapers and Nessie found some wipes and a few baby bottles, and a small amount of formula and a few jugs of water.

"Here felix" Nessie handed me the wipes while Alec handed me the diapers.

I quickly changed you and used the wipes to clean you off while I was at it. You were covered in fine bits of ash.
I managed found a plain gray onesie sitting on the side of your crib and grabbed it, putting you in it. It sagged on you but it was better than nothing.

The entire time Alec was attempting to make you a bottle with Nessie, managing to finally mix the formula well. Nessie handed me the bottle while I proped your head up in my arms. You latched on to the bottle and drank like no tomorrow. Poor thing, I felt so bad for you.

"Poor thing, god knows how long you've been sitting here." Nessie said while gently taking you from my arms. I let her, simply because she probably knew more on how to properly feed a baby.

I heard you give a happy gurgle from behind the bottle as Nessie cooed at you. It was incredibly heart warming to me.

Alec cleared his throat to grab both of our attention, he had a large gray and white back pack in his hand.

"While you two were busy with the baby, I managed to find a few things to take untill we get to the store. I found a few shoes and some clothes and another thing of formula and some water." He said rather proudly holding up the backpack filled with baby items.