Chpt 14.

3rd person pov

The weather was warming up finally. Flowers were starting to bloom while birds chirped and sung. The air was fresh and breezy.
Outside you and your father were attending to the flowers in the garden to pass the time.
You were planting flowers and seeds while your father plucked out the dead weeds.

"Hey can you hand me the little shovel? These weeds are a little stubborn."

You reached over and handed him the little shovel. Couldn't he just rip it out?

"Hey dad? Why don't you rip it out? Wouldn't that be easier?"

"Yes but the plant would come back in the same spot because part of it would still be stuck here if I pulled just the plant above the soil."

"Oh."

"Scooch over here, I'll let you dig it out and show you."

You crawled over to him. He handed you back the shovel.

"So to get these out, you need to angle the shovel like this and push down hard" He said using his hand to show you the angle.

You did exactly that and pushed down.

"Good good, now repeat that on the other sides of the plant. Then you can pull the entire thing out. Roots and all."
You pushed the shovel down on the other sides. As you did, the roots snapped and crunched.

"Alright now grab the base of the plant and pull up. It should come out with ease." He said gesturing to where the plant met the ground.

You grabbed and pulled. You could hear the roots underneath snapping again as you pulled up.

It was kind of satisfying though.

"Good job, and that's how you pull a weed. See this right here? Even if you pull just the top of the plant off, it still leaves the roots intact so it would just come back over and over again. That's why we dig these out instead of ripping." He said.

He took it from you and threw it into the compost pile.

You smiled and went back to doing your work with your seeds.

You were planting tulips, daisies, daffodils, and your personal favorite (favorite flowers)! You were so excited to finally get out and soak up the sun.
Being cooped up over winter and fall was no fun. You were forced to 'work' with your fathers, standing around for hours unless Aro, Marcus or Caius was giving you lessons on the laws, why they're in place.
Your schooling was also exhausting as well. Thankfully Santiago and Afton were kind and made it more fun if it was them teaching and not Cauis.

You were nearly done planting the seeds when your other dad, Demetri, came outside.

"Aro has requested both you presence. It's rather urgent." And with that, he disappeared just as quick as he came.

You got up and dusted yourself off. Leaves, dirt and a few twigs fell off. You didn't really want to go back in, Felix noticed how your smile turned into a frown.

"Dad? Are we ever going to have a day to just ourselves? It's so nice out and I don't want to go back in." You whined.

Felix was already up off the ground and ushering you to the door. He could tell you were unhappy. He felt bad considering you've been cooped up all winter.
Stuck on guard duty with him and Demetri, standing for hours on end. Easy for him and Demetri, but not for a 10 year old rambunctious child like yourself.
And idea struck him. Maybe he could ask for the rest of this day off? It certainly wouldn't hurt to try.

"If what Master Aro wants doesn't take to long, I'll ask if we can have the rest of the day off of so we can do finish the garden together. Does that sound good?"