two

❝Guilt is to the soul, what pain is to the body.❞

"Again!"

"Again!"

Breathing heavily Declan shifts once again the pain in his transition becoming a dull sensation integrating into his long term memory.

Feeling his bones and ligaments stretch under his command Declan inhales deeply before transforming into a caramel colored wolf with blonde streaks shimmering throughout his fur.

Sam stares at the young boy's wolf form for a moment before catching Billy's eye through the window.

And the Oracle shall appear as a wolf, with fur as light as the rays of a golden sun tainted with the glare of a evening's twilight.

He shall be touched by the of fate of death and resurrection as he seeks the redemption of his past.

His eyes shall carry upon them the burden of seeing both the heavens and the earth.

For he is the Oracle.

Clearing his throat he speaks. "Now shift back."

Declan obliged taking calming breaths before his body returns to his human firm, shifting awkwardly at his exposed body Declan clears his throat in an attempt to shed his modesty.

Sam noticing his demeanor tosses him a pair of shorts and a shirt. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Glancing to the red colored house Declan sighs. "You think so too, don't you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Sam, I am not naive nor oblivious. I know that you and Billy both believe that the prophecy is not only true but is being fulfilled since I was resurrected."

Sighing Sam Uley looks to Declan. "I don't know what to think, look Delcan...this whole thing is..."

"Strange?"

"I guess you could say that. But you miraculously coming back to life, there has to be a bigger endgame here."

"What are you suggesting? That I am apart of some higher power plan? That I am the key to salvation?"

"I don't know Declan." Watching the younger boy frown at the response Sam sighed his heart going out to the caramel haired boy.

"But we will find out Declan, together."

Smiling half-heartedly at the eldest shifter Declan looks upon the forest his heterchromic eyes scanning over the tops of the treelines.

"Do you-" Interrupted by a sequence of images flashing in front of his eyes Declan takes a step back.

Taking a step forward Sam hesitantly calls out Declan's name, frowning at the lack of response he places a hand on the boys shoulder.

Gasping at the contact Declan turns around his eyes wide as be breathes shakily. "Declan, are you okay?"

Blinking a few times he nods running a hand through his caramel colored hair. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine."

"Declan."

He responds as the young boy brings a hand to his head. "I'm fine, just got dizzy that's all."

"Here, maybe you should sit down." He suggest before guiding him to the ground.

Placing a hand on his back he frowns as he watches Declan put his head in between his thighs.

"Are you alright now?" Sam questions as Declan closes his eyes.

"I don't feel good." He responds before standing. Vertigo taking hold he stumbles before Sam grabs his arms bracing him.

"Declan, tell me what's wrong."

Swallowing thickly he pauses. "I don't feel good."

"Are you going to be sick?" He questions watching the young boy pale.

With a heave Declan expels his breakfast onto the ground beneath him.

Stepping back in time Sam places a hand on his back. "How long have you been feeling sick?"

"Just now." He responds eyes half closed before his body lurches causing him to vomit once again.

Patting his back Sam frowns. "Are you okay now?"

Nodding Declan brings a hand to his head his eyes shut. "My head hurts."

"Let's get you inside." Sam states as he guides Declan inside before sitting him on the couch.

"Was it your vision?"

"I think so." He responds as Sam hands him a glass of water.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"What did you see?"

"I saw...a girl, a red haired girl. She reminded me of my brother, she had the same eyes he did as a human."

"What was she doing?"

"She was standing in the woods, but there was this...aura surrounding her. And when I touched her it was like my mind was trapped by voices of the dead."

"Voices of the dead?"

"I heard Alyssa."

"Maybe we should talk to the elders about this, it seems like whatever is going on with you is getting stronger."

"No, I'm fine. We should start training again, the faster I get my shifting under control the faster I can return to normal life."

Frowning Sam sighs. "Declan, I'm not trying to discourage you but your life will never be the same it was."

"I know that, I don't have that luxury anymore. But I can go to school here on the reservation and graduate."

"Okay but we have done enough for today, we'll start again tomorrow."

Turning Sam begins to exit the house before Declan calls out his name.

"Yeah?"

"Did they mourn?"

"Who Declan?"

"My family, before they left...did they mourn for me?"

"Yes they did."

Looking to the woods Declan watches various wildlife as he begins to walk through the forest.

His mind going back to the day he was ressurected he sighs his eyes scanning over the skyline. "How did it come to this?"

Sitting on the ground he leans on the base of a tree his eyes closed as he listens to his surroundings.

Where did my family go?

Did Alice see me in a vision?

Who was the girl in my vision?

Running a hand through his shaggy caramel colored hair he tugs at the ends a heavy sigh escaping his lips before a voice startled the silence.

"Declan?"