sixteen

the mind is like water, when it is turbulent it is difficult to see but when it is calm it is clear

sixteen; grieving

Standing at the threshold of Leah Clearwaters room, Declan Cullen frowns slightly at the heaviness in the air as he silently watches the young shapeshifter looks at the wall in a daze.

"Leah." He calls out softly as she stays silent not responding to the caramel haired teen.

Sue appears behind him sadness clinging around her. "She hasn't spoke since the funeral."

Declan turns in surprise. "6 weeks ago?"

"Yes, she's just been sitting there like that for the last week and Seth and I have tried everything. We're concerned for her."

"She's grieving, I didn't leave my room for a month after Alyssa died. We can't rush her process."

Sue sighs. "She needs to eat."

Seth walks into the hall. "Has she said anything?"

Declan shakes his head. "No, she hasn't."

His frown deepening he turns to exit the house. "I have to go patrol."

"Seth." Sue calls watching her youngest begin to leave.

"Yes mom?"

"I'm sure Sam will understand, why don't you say home today? I can make you favorite."

He smiles sadly denying the suggestion. "I can't Mom, I have to go. Sam said that he needed me to patrol today."

Nodding sadly at the statement Sue gently waves him off while Declan frowns following him outside hearing Sam and Paul on the porch.

"Hey Dec." They greet once the young shapeshifter is outside.

With his arms crossed he raises an eyebrow.

"Sam, Paul."

Sam narrows his eyes a bit sensing the irritation rolling off of the younger boy.

"What's going on Dec?"

"Seth and Leah are grieving, why are you making them go on patrols?"

"Because they have a responsibility to the pack."

"Their dad just died Sam, give them a break."

"Look Declan, I'm sure that they appreciate the concern but I am the leader of this pack and it would be wise not to challenge my decisions."